Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT7 64-bit, what's the best processor for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 64-bit, what's the best processor for it?

Hi all,

Am in the process of buying a new computer for my backtesting and trading. What's the best processor for NT7, does it matter whether its intel or amd?

i7 vs phenom IIs?

Welcome to our forums, hard to judge per se, I guess important would be the question which offered you the best value for the investment - NT7 would work on Intel or AMD CPU's.

For several benchmark and custom config info of our users, you can check into this thread here -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Intel Core I7 9xx (triple channel DDR3).

I'm very happy with my Core I7 920 overclocked to 3.6 GHz with 12GB of DDR3 DRAM.
      It performs extremely well under intense multitasking (i.e. NT7 optimizations).
      Last edited by kdoren; 08-10-2010, 06:14 AM.

Comment

> 3gb ram ....

Bertrand didnt mention it, but to use all that ram you have to run a 64bit Windows, and NT is not supported on Win x64 - UNLESS they have finally done so lol

Back to the thread, I built a 2@ 2832 opteron 64gb workstation, and with 4 VirtualBox machines(2 virtual processors + 12gb virtual ram each) I have run default optimizations for a week without any sign of stress @ 80%+ CPU & 50+gb ram on host.
        Next testing period I will use 6 VMs with 8gb + 2 processors and see if it is just as stable. I think the results are indicative of what you can see on a real machine, with proviso that you are not running any other software (ie I only have NT7 installed, and dont use the VM for anything else like surfing or media playing etc)
        To get the most out of your hardware I do suggest use VMs for optimization runs.

Jon

Comment

TraderJon, NinjaTrader 6.5 is supported on 32 and 64 bit OS - NinjaTrader 7 offers a native 64 bit version as well.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by agclub, 04-21-2024, 08:57 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post agclub
          by agclub

Started by ESHunter, Today, 08:06 PM
          2 responses