Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price PnL - Candle Price Markets - Wrong

Hi again folks,

Now I dont know what is happening here, but you need to see the pics to see whats fully up here as I may not be describing this perfectly.

I am running NTb20, in Sim, using IB for my broker data and the issue is a currency trade (forex) AUDUSD but the problem I believe happens also on other instruments as well.

Problem is:

The AUDUSD moves are in $10 increments for trading 100,000 (0.1M)

I entered a short @ 0.9196 so normally if a fall to 0.9195 would be = $10 which should show up in the PnL, but it does not as can be seen in the pics provided.

I thought it was only a $10 issue not being in sync, but this is not the case whether it goes up or down, the price can be as much as $20 out of wack. It is like there is a LAG or something and if there is a run which ever way, the price could go up to 0.9198 and then leave the PnL showing -$40.00 which is plain Wrong.

The other thing adding to this problem is that by executing the trade, the Wrong Price gets added to the Account Perfromance, meaning you do the trade to say take the profit which should be $30 dollars say, but the slippage will take $10 which should leave you with $20.00 profit to show up in the Account Performance, but this Does Not.

It only shows up as $10.00 there.

This is turning into a fully blown pain and I just cannot see myself trading this way.

Is this a bug or something I need to change but I am using the default Use Instrument Settings from the Data Series >> Session Template

Can anybody please advise??
    Attached Files

Hello studio88,

Unfortunately this is as expected behavior. When in a short position, PnL is calculated compared to the Ask price with forex.

If you check the Ask prices compared to your entry prices, the PnL matches.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello studio88,

Unfortunately this is as expected behavior. When in a short position, PnL is calculated compared to the Ask price with forex.

If you check the Ask prices compared to your entry prices, the PnL matches.
      Hi Jason,

So what is the overall result when trading with a real cash account? As in does this mean that we will also be at more of a loss by taking short trades?

Also, so its not a bug, but it is designed this way correct? If so, are there, or will there be any plans for modification in any way?

Cheers again.

Comment

Hello studio88,

When in a short position, you would need to submit a buy order to close it. Forex buy orders are filled at the Ask price.

Yes, it is designed this way and there are no plans to change it.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 09:15 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by Trader146, Today, 09:17 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes