Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrate Data Error & Empty Instrument Lists

Hi,

I've got this error message (please see the attached file) after I ran the migration process when I was prompted for it. Trade execution history was not migrated – is empty.

The second issue. When I open Instrument Manager my Instrument lists is empty (please see the attached file).

I'm using W7 Prof, 32bit.

Any help will be welcome,
    Joe

Click image for larger version

Name:	NT_MigrateData.png
Views:	1
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	894777

Click image for larger version

Name:	NT_InstrumentManager.png
Views:	1
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	894778

Joe, please do a complete reinstall of NinjaTrader and do not migrate any settings. Once you have it installed and working correctly, you can start moving your data/settings again.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Austin,

Thank you for your quick reply.
      OK, I did it. I uninstalled NT 7 and deleted directory C:\Users\...\Documents\NinjaTrader 7. Than I installed NT 7 again without the migration when I was prompted for it. Yes, this is a solution. NT 7 was OK. I was able to create the connection to the Barchart.com and Instrument Manager was OK but …

then I deleted Install.xml from C:\Users\...\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\log and during migration process I got the same error I reported in my first post.

Joe

Comment

Joe, it is not recommended to manually manipulate files in the My Documents/NinjaTrader 7 folder, unless instructed to do so by a NinjaTrader employee. If you have a copy of the install.xml file, please restore it. If not, you will have to do another clean install.

Comment

Hi Austin,

Thank you for help.
          OK, it was no problem for me. I reinstalled NT again. I've got clean installation of the Ninja Trader 7 now. I did not migrate any settings from NT 6.5.
          But when I start NT 7 now there is no "Migrate NinjaTrader Data" pop up window.

Joe

Comment

Joe, there shouldn't be the "Migrate NinjaTrader Data" window after you run a fresh NinjaTrader installation from the second time on. What data are you trying to get from NT6.5 to NT7?

Comment

For example Trade execution history, Account connections.
              I have no data from 6.5 installation.

Your post #2: Joe, please do a complete reinstall of NinjaTrader and do not migrate any settings. Once you have it installed and working correctly, you can start moving your data/settings again.

I'm a little confused now.
              J.

Comment

Joe, sorry for the confusion. There are some things that are easily migrated and some things that aren't. Unfortunately trade executions don't transfer very well from NT6.5 to NT7, if at all. You will have to start fresh for your executions. As for the account connections, you will have to re-create those as well.

Data/settings that are easily moved are things like historical data, custom made strategies and indicators, workspaces and such.

Comment

Austin, thank you for help. I can understand. I'm not able to transfer my old Trade execution history and Account Connections (there isn't problem for Account Connections, I can create it easily).

Joe

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by cutzpr, Today, 08:54 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post cutzpr
                  by cutzpr

Started by benmarkal, Today, 08:44 AM
                  0 responses