Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategies shared between workspaces

Not sure if this is a bug, but it looks to be:

If you keep two workspaces open, the strategies between those two workspaces will begin to co-mingle...it is impossible to tell which workspace goes with which strategy.

Suggestion: When switching workspaces, all strategies associated with the workspace you're switching *from* should *not* show up on the strategies tab of the new workspace.

Hello cgeorgan,

There's a possibility for workspaces to be open, but not active. To see the list of currently running workspaces: Click File > Workspace . All these workspaces here are loaded, just not displayed. To actually close a workspace you must first select it and then click File > Workspace > Close Workspace.

Are you seeing these results with closed workspaces or one that is running in the background?
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What I'm saying is that the "strategies" tab shows all strategies for all workspaces currently open, regardless of the workspace you're actually in.

What I'm suggesting is that, when you switch between workspaces, *only* the strategies associated with the workspace you're running on should be displayed - not strategies from other (open, but in the background) workspaces.

OR, there should be a grid column that tells you what workspace the strategy you're working with came from.

Comment

This is by design here. The control center will display strategies for all workspaces - even if not the currently open workspace. If you don't want the workspace to be active: Close using File > Workspace > Close Workspace before switching to another.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
          This is by design here. The control center will display strategies for all workspaces - even if not the currently open workspace. If you don't want the workspace to be active: Close using File > Workspace > Close Workspace before switching to another.
          So imagine a situation where you run the same strategy on the same instrument, but different workspaces. Opening both workspaces exposes both strategies side by side. you have no idea which strategy goes with which workspace.

I mean, you guys can fight me on this - you're the programmers, you do whatever you think is best for the customer experience. What I'm telling you is that there has to be a way for people to know what strategies are under what workspace - and that "way" should not be "guessing."

Comment

I understand - just wanted to get on the same page as far as expected behavior. It would be good to know what chart or workspace the strategy listed on the control center belongs with. Thanks for your suggestion and observations here.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by llanqui, Today, 08:32 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post llanqui
            by llanqui

Started by lollers, Yesterday, 03:26 AM
            1 response