Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT closes itself almost every day at ca 10:30 GMT

Hi,

NT closes itself almost every day at ca 10:30 GMT ( I am using NT - currently 7.0.0.19 - with data feed from MBT).

I am not sure if it is a NT only case or NT+MBT case.
    But I realize that at this time there is some server maintenance in MBT, but when using MTB Navigator only ( without NT), the connection to MBT server is lost for several seconds only and after this time it is automatically reestablished.

So please fix this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Hello rem77,

Please note that NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in turn reports this back to the trader.

The common problems that contribute to this are:
    • ISP issues
    • hardware firewall issues changing IP addresses frequently
    • Dynamic ISP address switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work.
    • With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections
    • Broker servers having problems
    • Software, such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software, that could be interfering the connection

Since the disconnection occurs at the same time each day, I suspect it is related to server maintenance by MBTrading as you mention.

You state that NinjaTrader is automatically closed when it loses the connection with MBTrading, correct? A disconnection should not cause NinjaTrader to close. Can you please tell me what MBTrading Navigator version you have installed. Please ensure you have MBT Navigator 11.5.0.5 installed as per the MBTrading connection guide at the link below.

If NinjaTrader loses connection, it will automatically try to re-connect. I suspect you do not have the proper MBT Navigator version installed. A similar issue has been reported at the forum thread below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_Jason,

thanks for your answer.

Answering your questions and clearing something more:
      - Those NT closing at ca 10:30 GMT happens with MBT Navigator 11.5.0.5 installed ( with MBT Navigator 11.5.0.7 it happened too).
      - There is no message or warning form NT at this time. NT just closes.
      - In NT Log there is such an info after this happened:
      06-08-10 12:32:03|1|2|MBT: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=ConnectionLost
      06-08-10 12:32:09|1|4|Disconnected from perm server

- It happens almost everyday ( but there are few days a month without those NT closing at this time).

The issue at the forum thread, you have mentioned, is a little bit different as:
      - nigeleyre writes about problems at MBT Rollover time - at ca 20:58 GMT;
      - nigeleyre sees messages from NT ( I do not obtain any messages at ca 10:30 GMT);
      - at MBT Rollover time everything works correct by me ( there are messages about Rollover with the message at the end "Rollover completed trading resumed" and all the time charts in NT are running).

Regards

Comment

This is happening to me also. I am a new user and noticed that NT shut down twice with no warning at all. I did not document the times, but yesterday it happened to me while in a live trade in the morning - before noon est.
        I performed a software repair of NT after the market close. I received a NT error message while starting up NT shortly after midnight est. this morning.

I have a Static IP Address and am running MBT download link from NT's site version 11.0.5

Comment

I just noticed this was NT beta 7 forum issue, but I am running NT 6.5. Thanks

Comment

asbyb,

As your case is likely unrelated to this, please open up a new thread in the 6.5 forums. Please include your log/trace files for the dates in question. in that new thread. Thank you.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
              an additional information:
              - after this NT7 closing ( still happens with Beta 21) NT does not remember the last used workspace and opens with the one before last used workspace.
              Regards

Comment

Hello rem77,

Can you please send me the latest log and trace files when NinjaTrader closed when you experienced a disconnection with MBTrading. You can find trace files at the following location.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20100915 for today (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20100915 for today (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by reynoldsn, Today, 07:23 AM
                3 responses
                1 like
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by damethetrader, Today, 08:31 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes