How to clear out cancelled positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to clear out cancelled positions

I need to clear out positions that NT7 thinks I have on when in fact I do not have them on.

Earlier tonite, I placed a manual, live order and cancelled it immediately. Then I placed another order one tick higher, & did not cancel it. 2 hours later (in evening), both orders were showing as "pending" even though the market had traded through both prices.

After calling the broker (who called Globex to be certain) and determining that neither order had gone through, they advised me to shut down and restart NT. (Of course) now both orders show up as cancelled in the order window. The problem now is that if I try to change back to SIM mode, NT says that I have two strategies running.

Please advise
    1. Will NT clear out all its knowledge of open trades if I open/close it?
    2. Any other suggestions regarding the weird problem I had?
    3. Does NT7 cancel any pending orders when you exit the program? Isn't this a check-box somewhere?

Hello LG,

As per your description, you were not in any position, since the orders did not fill. If orders receive a PendingSubmit status, it indicates the orders have been submitted from NinjaTrader, however NinjaTrader did not receive a signal back from the order that the orders are accepted.

I do not see the running strategies related to the orders with a 'Cancelled' status. You submitted the orders manually, correct?

Can you please check the Strategies-tab for any active strategies.

1. Orders in a 'Cancelled' status will display in the Control Center-->Orders-tab when connected to your connectivity provider. If you disconnect the order will disappear. You can filter unactive orders as well by right clicking in the Orders-tab. The order will disappear the next day.

2. See above.

3. They will not show if you are not connected. You can filter them out as well. If disconnecting/re-connecting will not remove the order, they will be removed the next day too.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by llanqui, Today, 10:29 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by Trader146, 05-10-2024, 09:17 PM
    1 response
    0 likes