B19 strategy while running in sim101 still thinks its not flat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B19 strategy while running in sim101 still thinks its not flat

I am running on XP. I am connected to zenfire and enable a strategy to work on the sim account. If that strategy gets me into a trade and for whatever reason I want to exit it, I then press the close button in chart trader. If I try enabling the strategy a bit later again, it will show up as yellow, where it still thinks there is a position open when I have been flat all this time. This makes no sense and seems like a bug.

Hello,

From what you describe this does not seem like a bug however seems like a the dynamics of NinjaScript strategies.

You have whats called a Strategy Position and an account position. When a strategy is started it calculates each entry and exit for all the historical data (If you are not disabling this) to determain the current position that strategy should be in currently.

When this is done you have a strategy position. When you start a strategy with wait until flat before submitting live. Say you start the strategy and the strategy is currently in a long position, however since you did not have the strategy enabled when the long position was taken AKA you started the strategy in the middle of the trade the strategy is currently in the strategy name will be yellow meaning it will not submit any orders until your strategy position is flat thus matching your account position.

So you will have 2 reported positions when running NinjaScript strategies. The account position and the strategy position.

Please read this important links and information on your sync settings between your account and strategy position. These are new with NinjaTrader 7 and you can use these settings to handle the common scenario that is described in the 2nd link.

Strategy Position vs. Account Position:
    <http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4033>

Comment

Thank a bunch, that website cleared up stuff I did not undertand about how to code strategies.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by agclub, 04-21-2024, 08:57 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post agclub
      by agclub

Started by ESHunter, Today, 08:06 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes