Odd behavior of shortcut fly-out menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd behavior of shortcut fly-out menu

I run Windows XP with three monitors. This anomaly occurred on a chart that spanned the width of my left-most monitor without extending beyond it. I right-clicked on the chart to bring up the shortcut menu such that the menu was positioned toward the right edge of the chart. When I pointed to the Intervals submenu the flyout appeared to the left (as expected) because there wasn't enough room to the right. However, when I pointed to the Instruments submenu the flyout not only appeared to the right, it moved to my middle monitor. Significantly, that meant the flyout menu was not adjacent to the primary menu! The two screen shots below show the shortcut menu, first with the Intervals flyout and then with the Instruments flyout. Note the space between the menus in the second image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FlyOut1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	894739 Click image for larger version

Name:	FlyOut2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	894740

Thanks for reporting in Mike - does it occur reproducibly on your left most chart in this setup?

If you try a complete, fresh workspace - would it be seen as well?

If not, please send me the workspace files / logs via the Help > Mail to Support feature so we can investigate.

Thanks
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is easily reproducible.

In the workspace I use most commonly there are no charts near the right edge of the left monitor. But I stretched one chart on the left monitor till it reached the right edge and immediately saw this issue.

Then I created a new workspace, created a single chart in that workspace and maximized it on the left monitor. Again, I saw this funky behavior of the flyouts when the shortcut menu was toward the right of the chart.

Comment

Mike, we were unfortunately not able to reproduce here on our machines with a stretched out chart on a multimonitor setup - is this occuring on latest NT7 beta 19? Could you please check into your graphic card drivers used and update to the latest offically supported release version and then recheck?

Comment

Definitely beta 19.

Driver situation is hinky: This is Intel chipset in Toshiba laptop. In the past I noted that Intel has released lots of driver updates for this chipset, but Toshiba never has. And Intel suggests going with drivers from the manufacturer. So although I feel like my drivers could and perhaps should be updated (via Intel), I've resisted doing that as nothing has become available from Toshiba.

Comment

I understand and ran into the same issue you refer to, my experience has so far been well with going directly with the chipset manufacturer drivers, but perhaps you can check directly with Toshiba also what they would suggest here for best performance / usability.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by knighty6508, 05-10-2024, 01:20 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post knighty6508  
            Started by OllieFeraher, 05-09-2024, 11:14 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes