Installation problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation problems.

I don't like my working account to have administrator privileges. Usually, to upgrade to next beta release I raise temporarily my working account privileges to "Administrator" and after the installation I deny this privilege again. The last time I tried to install Ninja (Beta 19 over 18) from another account, having administrator privilege. The installation failed, Ninja could not find Compact SQL. I ought to remove my new installation, to give my working account administrator privilege, and only then to install Beta 19, this time successfully. Is it a bug, or an intended behavior ?

xTrader1,

There should be no differences between the installer from any beta version and should all work the same. Did you remove SQL Compact Edition from your machine for the other user account or perhaps it is not installed on that account? Perhaps trying to reinstall it would resolve the issue.

You can find SQL Compact Edition 3.5 SP2 here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Note: If you're installing on a 64-bit Windows there are special instructions from Microsoft that you should pay attention to when installing it.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cutzpr, Today, 08:54 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post cutzpr
    by cutzpr

Started by benmarkal, Today, 08:44 AM
    0 responses