Round-the-clock-logic ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round-the-clock-logic ?

If I display daily data for TF, DX or BC the dates displayed for the daily bars are Tuesday through Saturday. This is linked to my system time and to the session template IPE Europe Futures. The session ends at 18:00 Eastern Time, if I convert to Central European Time, this becomes 24:00.

Of course, if I change the session template end time to 23:59, the bars will be displayed correctly. But I do want to see that last minute as well, contains the close...

Why does a daily bar, which ends on Monday at 24:00 get a date of Tuesday? It would make more sense, to apply the closing date of the prior bar then the opening date of the next bar.
    Attached Files

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your post.

This is as expected. Since the bar is closing at 24:00, this is essentially the same as a close at 0:00 on the next day. As such, the bar is labeled with that date.

With that said, I do understand your objection and will forward your comments on to my development team for further consideration.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

I understand that this is as expected. I am not sure, if it breaks the sensitive logic of NinjaTrader, if that time 24:00 (or 0:00) is affected to the prior date, where it belongs. Anyhow it is a special case that only occurs, when the session template end time falls together with 24:00 of your local system time.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hi Harry,

Thanks for your post.

This is as expected. Since the bar is closing at 24:00, this is essentially the same as a close at 0:00 on the next day. As such, the bar is labeled with that date.

With that said, I do understand your objection and will forward your comments on to my development team for further consideration.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Tin34, Today, 03:30 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Tin34
      by Tin34

Started by sastrades, Yesterday, 09:59 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes