Option to start NT without loading workspaces / workspace corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Option to start NT without loading workspaces / workspace corruption

I've been experiencing some workspace corruption, which seems to happen most when NT is starting up and trying to load one or two workspaces at the same time. Even if all workspaces are closed before shutdown, I'm pretty sure I've observed NT will oftentimes still try and open some workspaces on startup. And after trying to unsuccessfully load a couple of workspaces at startup - the whole program can end up in a loop - unable to close workspaces and/or generating errors while trying to clse.

Also, it can take time to load a workspace on startup - and then to find it isn't the one required - isn't ideal.

The simplest solution - I think - would be a switch under the file menu (like the start in sim switch), to enable NT to start up without loading any workspaces. This would likely prevent the corruption of workspaces as well as be more convenient (in terms of users being able to ensure the correct/wanted workspace is loaded first off).

Hello,

Understood, however we would much rather find out what is occuring here with your workspace as your workspace should not corrupt on startup.

What are you expierencing when this workspace corruption occurs. Have you reported this in on another ticket? If so which one so that I can look into what has been done thus far.

NinjaTrader should only open the workspaces that you had open then you select savve to all when you closed out of NinjaTrader.

Are you on NinjaTrader 7 Beta 19 the latest beta version this can be found in Control Center->Help->About.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hi Brett, I'm on beta 18 at present. Not sure if I'm able to move to 19 as yet - but will do asap.

As the opportunity arises I will submit more information/logs, etc.

One thing though, was thinking it might be a good idea that if NT determines it has previously shutdown unexpectadly - that no workspaces are loaded at startup.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion dsfalc, please let us know what you find after the upgrade to B19, hopefully this improved your situation then.

Thanks
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gaz0001, Today, 10:09 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post gaz0001
        by gaz0001

Started by proptradingshop, Today, 10:07 AM