Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some Instrument Manager questions

Hello,
    1. Why does NT limit the Yahoo! connection to Stock and Index types? I would like to use the free and damn good Yahoo! connection BEFORE the paid-for but very limited IQFeed (for many reasons I do not want to explain here), but such attempts have so far been frustrated by the architecture of your nightmare-booster Instrument Manager (IM). I will explain: if I edit instrument data on IM to include, say, currency symbols from Yahoo! and then load up Market Analyzer (MA) or a chart, NT still picks data from IQFeed even though I connected to Yahoo! first. Also, Yahoo! provides data for future contracts, but IM does not allow you to map those symbols.
    2. Unable to PERMANENTLY delete some "instruments". For several reasons (own testing, fat fingers, wrong type, etc.) I made a number of mistakes (actually 8, see "Those 8 Bloody Stocks!" attachment) entering data on IM and I now want to delete them. It remains a mistery to me why no matter how many times I try to delete them they will still re-appear in IM whenever I load up NT again. I have checked existing MA and charts saved in active and inactive workspaces, but none of those symbols are there anymore, even though they keep popping up in the IM. I have sent a separate e-mail with traces, etc. to the Support Team, but just wanted to flag this here in case someone else has had a similar problem.
    3. NT has crashed a number of times while updating IM when both Yahoo! and IQFeed connections were enabled. Not sure why.
    Thanks!

Stopped
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stopped; 07-24-2010, 04:25 PM.

Hi Stopped,

I can agree about some issues or design usability problems with the Ninja IM, its a dinoBeast which is in need of a remodel or something.

Dont know if you have tried this but if you remove the stocks by using the => arrows and then maybe add a couple into the default template replaced with ones you want, Do you actually then SAVE the settings, because if you dont save changes as you go, it resorts back.

Not sure if this helps, but no harm in trying I guess.

Good luck there hey.

Comment

Hi studio88,

Thanks for the suggestion on question 2) but I was referring to a different issue there.

Since I installed version 19, however, the problem has not reoccurred. I will wait until Monday though, as it tends to happen when markets are open.

Cheers,

Stopped

Comment

Hello,

Please post if the issues occur in beta 19.

Also, this is correct as the yahoo connection only supports Equities and Indexes at this time.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Brett,

Also, this is correct as the yahoo connection only supports Equities and Indexes at this time.
          On my first post, question 1) was WHY the Yahoo! connection does only support Equity and Index?

Could you disclose this? Or is it sensitive information? I just find it puzzling that NT only collects stocks and indices data from Yahoo! (hey, do not get me wrong, that alone is already much appreciated!) even though other information such as currency and futures quotes is also available in their website. What's the limitation: Is it a copyrights issue? A technical one (particularly re: futures data)? Or something NT developers could easily change with just a few keystrokes ?

I am just curious...

Thanks in advance for clarifying,

Stopped

Comment

Hello,

Just to confirm the problem reported in question 2) of post #1 has happened yet another time (see "Those Damn 8 Stocks Showing Up Again!" attachment), in this case while already using NT version 7.19 beta.

Thanks,

Stopped
            Attached Files

Comment

Stopped,

What do you mean 8, I can only see 4 in that default list shown in your Pic.

The other thing to note is that you say 8 stocks, again I can only see Index's showing in your pic.

Have you tried using tried selecting 1 at a time and then use the arrow below it that shows > to move them out of that list.

And then once the default list is clear, search out which stocks you want one at a time and use the add button which shows < to add them into the list. Then click Ok or exit and go to file and SAVE Workspace.

Try it that and let us know how you go.
              Cheers.

Comment

Hi studio88,

Thanks for trying to help, but the eight instruments I am referring to are in the "Available master instruments" section of IM, not in the "Instrument lists" section. In particular, they are those first eight "Stock"-type instrument with a blank "Description".

To clarify, I entered those by mistake in the past, but whenever I have tried to delete them from the master list using the "Delete" button, they just do not want to be deleted permanently. Last time I did it was on Saturday. On Sunday they did not show up, so I thought the problem (whatever was causing it) had finally disappeared. But this morning, with data flowing again as markets re-opened, the problem has resurfaced again...

Thanks again,

Stopped

Comment

Hello,

Can you please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post and put in the subject ATTN: Brett and attach the following file so that I can look into this and try to duplicate on my side.

My Documents->NinjaTrader 7->db->NinjaTrader

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hmm, I see.

How about a fresh install again, starting off by installing 6.5 and then 7b19 ?

Would be good to also delete your saved data folders in my documents and stuff though.

(of course, only providing you wish to go that far trying to solve it)

Some times I find certain things quicker to uninstall, wipe old data and start from scratch, depending what the problem is. I try not to use too many indicators anyway so everything is straight forward and easy to restore. (I may back up a couple of files though).

Just another thought for ya to consider.

Good luck there.

Comment

Studio,

Thanks for the assist however please do not do a complete uninstall until we have a chance to identify a possible bug with your current install and we will further assist via email.

Comment

Hello,

The yahoo connection supporting more then Stocks and Indexes is on our list for future development I have heard from development.

Thank You and I received your database and will continue to follow up with you via email.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post

Hi there Brett,

Mate, Im not the one with the Bug :P
                          (for this issue)

Thnx anyway.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by joselube001, 05-10-2024, 12:17 PM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post joselube001