3 Bug or Enhancement Requests for Optimization Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Bug or Enhancement Requests for Optimization Charts

1) We should be able to draw lines & put various objects in the panels when charts are displayed after an optimization. According to a previous reply to another post, this cannot be done. That is either a bug, or a limitation that should be addressed.

For example: If I have an optimization that uses a couple indicators to restrict my trading...(ATR must be > X) AND (ADX must be > Y), AND the ATR restriction is in a variable called MinAtr AND the ADX restriction is in MinAdx...

I would want the price panel to be as is.
    I would want Panel1 to contain the ATR and a Horizontal Line drawn at the MinAtr.
    I would want Panel2 to contain the ADX and a Horizontal Line drawn at the MinAdx.

I would think the easiest way would be to add a param to the DrawLine() function that says where to draw the line...or similar to current coding...
    ATR(...).Panel = 3;
    DrawLine(..., 3); or DrawLine(...).Panel = 3;
    Add(ATR(...));

2) When we select & set the default values for the various indicators, they are completely disregarded when put on an optimization chart.

3) When right clicking & asking for "indicators..." from an optimization chart, Most of the parameters are not allowed...usually only the color/style, etc. I would like to see more params that would apply.

1. Already possible. You just need to work within the confines of how to do it. To do this means doing it directly in the indicator code as suggested in the other thread. Create yourself two custom indicators, one for ATR and ADX that has the draw line code in it. Have the lines drawn at your parameters. Expose those parameters as inputs for your indicators then when you call Add(ATRCustom(...)); from the strategy you add in whatever you want minATR to be and then the indicator will draw with that.

2. Thanks for the suggestion.

3. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 02:10 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by thumper57, Yesterday, 04:30 PM