Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connections are messy/wrong

I have esignal for future and stocks and gain-demo for forex data

If I do connect to esignal first, second gain and try to load Forex data, there comes a message "you are not entitled for this service", and no forex data is loaded.
    Future and stocks are loaded.

If I connect to Gain first then to esignal, forex and futures /stocks are being loaded correctly but : if I simulate a live strategy on a future chart - NT shows "Gain" for "connect" in the strategy tab for control center. (should be e-signal, since gain does not provide stockfuture data)

the result: no unrealized profit is shown, even if there is a position.

So I have to disconnect from Gain prior to enabling a future strategy and enable Gain again afterwards? - this seems problematic, what if I want have a strategy with gain Data running the same time?

Hello azuul,

When connected to eSignal first and Gain second since Forex data is available from your first connection it will not continue to the second connection for data.

While trading in the Sim101 account this is expected behavior. When using the Sim101 account NinjaTrader will only recognize the first connection established within the platform. Therefore when connected to Gain first the Strategy will display this connection within the Strategies tab and it will not display PnL since this information is not being generated by this Gain.

In order to run strategies within the Sim101 account for both Futures and Forex with PnL your first connection must provide data for all instruments.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 07-22-2010, 07:02 AM.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Thanks for your explanations, I am still a bit confused:

esignal is not providing any forex data, since I did not subscribe for it - that is why there is the error message that I am not entitled for that serverice...

No forex data is loaded when I connect e-signal first and gain for 2nd. connection.
    Even though the connection for Gain COULD provide forex data, it does not go past the e-signal error message.

In order to have any forex data loaded in a chart, I need Gain to be connected first. So I cannot e.g. have a strategy running on e-signal that displays correctly the unrealized P&L and see a forex chart at the same time.

But I can have strategies on forex and future running the same time after all - they seem to run on gain, since it is the the first connection I made, the Data for the Future strategies is nevertheless provided by e-signal (but not shown correctly - it is shown gain - what is wrong, since the data provided comes from the e-signal connection). This can also lead to error or warning messages in trace /log, but had no further effect besides not showing the unrealized P&L correctly.

I feel there is no logic behind it. (why e.g. e-signal first and gain second does not give me forex data, but gain first and esignal second gives me forex and future data? - considering that esignal has only future and gain only forex data subscription.)

Please correct me if I still misunderstand something
    Last edited by azuul; 07-22-2010, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Even though you are not authorized for Forex data from your first connection eSignal they do support this asset so NinjaTrader will look there and will then not continue to the second connect.

Yes, when connected to Gain first all strategies will show as the Gain connection even though the Futures data is coming from eSignal connection. This connection setup will work for running strategies on both Forex and Future however PnL will not be displayed for the Futures position.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 09:12 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by JakeOfSpades, Today, 09:34 AM
      0 responses
      1 view