Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezes and does not paint all of my indicators on chart w/ log

hey there ninjas

i have been using nt7 everything is up to date (win7 run via parallels). i have not had any real problems until nt7-18.

my problem with nt7-18 is that is uses alot of memory, aside from this after i make a few changes a chart it freezes. once this happens i have to shut everything down including windows to regain total control. also before this happens nt7-18 is not displaying all of my indicators. i am including my log file because i am tried of trying to figure it out on my own.

tried to up load log file but it's way bigger then the size limit. please post an email addy i can send it to.

thanks
    jl

sent email to support at ninja's included a link to this post as well just incase.

Comment

Hello jupiejupe,

I checked the log file you sent by email and I noticed the following errors.

7/21/2010 12:06:02 AM|3|4|Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'Strategos' on bar 7: Function does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.

7/21/2010 12:06:02 AM|3|4|Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'Thunder' on bar 7: Function does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.

Please debug these indicators to prevent errors. You can find general debug information at the link below.

Generally, if you experience freezing/unresponsiveness of the software, you will need to reduce data/resource request to avoid it and improve performance.

Check if you are running workspaces in the background (these will request data & resources as well) and close them. Please restart NinjaTrader and go to File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background. Select a workspace without a checkmark and subsequently go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this process until only one workspace is opened.

Close some charts, SuperDOM's or other NinjaTrader windows. Reduce the amount of indicators in your chart or set 'Calculate on bar close' to True. Or reduce the amount of historical data in your charts by configuring the Format Data Series window.

More tips can be found at the following link.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by gcztraders, Yesterday, 03:58 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
      Started by reynoldsn, 05-10-2024, 07:04 PM
      1 response
      0 likes