Beta 15 - problems loading last few ticks of data for CL 09-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 15 - problems loading last few ticks of data for CL 09-10

This is a problem that I constantly observed with NT 6.5 - it went away for a while but now it seems to be back for NT 7 Beta 15. (I have not yet switched to 18 given the problems that were encountered this weekend with ZF connection issues... I understand that a different historical data server is in place for NT 16 and above, so maybe the new version solves it? On the other hand, it could just be a charting issue.)

Anyways, the problem is that when I load up CL 09-10, the data is all there except for the last few ticks/minutes of data. The chart basically looks like it's fine, and then as soon as the next tick comes in, the market "jumps" to where the price actually is, indicating that what was shown on the screen was missing the last number of trades.

In the attached screenshots, I loaded up a new chart, shown in the first picture. As you can see, as soon as the first trade came in the chart "jumped" up because the load didn't include the last number of trades that occurred. Then some time passed, and I took another screenshot (you can see it with the second chart)... you can see that it is recording trades just fine, although that gap is still present. The third screenshot was taken right after I hit "Reload Historical Data" for a second time, thereby creating a new gap with the last X ticks missing. Finally, the last screenshot was taken a couple of minutes after that, indicating that data is working fine in real-time again, with the new gap now present in the data.

This issue occurred on NT 6.5 all the time with different instruments, but seemed to go away until now in NT 7. It is only occurring on CL 09-10 today, everything else is fine. I wonder if this has anything to do with rollover - I doubt it, but I thought I would ask.
    Attached Files

OK, so problem solved - I had it set to "MergeBackAdjusted" for CL - when I set it back to "DoNotMerge", the data loaded just fine. This was an old problem in NT 7, that I thought might be solved by now... has it been solved for B18?

(By the way, the data shown on that chart is incorrect. If you take a look at where CL 09-10 was actually trading during the times shown on those screenshots (8:38 AM EST), I don't think that it was at the prices shown on the chart. Maybe there is a bug in the merge code somewhere...)
    Last edited by JS999; 07-19-2010, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Hello JS999,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please tell me what data provider you are connected to within NinjaTrader so I may attempt to test on my end.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
        Hello JS999,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please tell me what data provider you are connected to within NinjaTrader so I may attempt to test on my end.
        Zen-Fire through Mirus futures...

Comment

I have attached a screen shot of my CL 09-10 30 Secon chart with the time zone being MST. I have the Session template set to Default 24/7 and the merge policy set to UseGlobalSettings.

Please let me know if your chart matches the data I am seeing on my end with these setting applied.
          Attached Files
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
            I have attached a screen shot of my CL 09-10 30 Secon chart with the time zone being MST. I have the Session template set to Default 24/7 and the merge policy set to UseGlobalSettings.

Please let me know if your chart matches the data I am seeing on my end with these setting applied.
            Your chart appears to be scrolled back in time, so that is not going to help since the problem occurs on the most recent ticks only. You have to be showing the most recent time. Also, I don't know what your GlobalSettings are - just set it to MergeBackAdjusted if you want to see if the problem exists. It will be very obvious... the chart will load, the trades will begin, and you should see an immediate "jump" away from whatever the last loaded price was...

Comment

Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce the issue you have reported. Please use the steps I have provided below to delete your historical data:
              • Disconnect
              • Tools
              • Historical Data Manager
              • Edit tab
              • Select CL-->Right mouse click-->Delete
              • Close NinjaTrader
              • Documents
              • NinjaTrader 7
              • Open the db folder
              • Open the cache folder
              • Select all files-->Right mouse click-->Delete
              • Open NinjaTrader