Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive NT7 b18 failure

Hi-

I'm not sure how this happened, but I'm now trying to recover from what appears to be an irrecoverable NT crash.

I had been doing some optimization, and the optimization itself had been taking longer than normal. It had run for about 45 mins and had gotten down to the last minute or two, when NT 7 (which was running strategies in the background) crashed.

• No problems with memory or CPU usage at the time, as I was monitoring.
    • Nothing in the log/trace files indicated a problem.
    • On restart, NT would crash again immediately.
    • An uninstall/re-install (same procedure as has been suggested when upgrading beta versions) did not fix the problem
    • I proceeded to do a full uninstall. When I got to the \...\db\cache\ directory, things started to get dicey. I had trouble deleting that directory individually (I had started by trying to delete the entire NinjaTrader7 directory in my documents folder and was unable).

Somehow I feel that during the optimization run, whatever it is you guys store in the cache became corrupted. This problem - whatever it is - prevents NT from restarting, and cannot be fixed by a simple uninstall/re-install.

Right now I'm attempting to remove everything NT related, with a clean re-install. It shouldn't be that difficult...

I have something similar today when I hit backtesting posted this in another thread and the only way I found to restart the machine is by renaming the workspaces. However, when you hit the backtesting button it crashes again.... wierd

Comment

cgeorgan, thanks for the report and sorry for the frustration - did you save those corrupted files / NT7 documents folder by any chance so we could review it?
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
        cgeorgan, thanks for the report and sorry for the frustration - did you save those corrupted files / NT7 documents folder by any chance so we could review it?
        The cache folder is still there in my trash bin, but I've been able to do a clean re-install and get all my old DB's and tick data back in there, so none of those things appear to have been the problem.

Let me know how I can send it - one of the files is 285 mb.

Comment

Thanks - please zip the files up and then use for example SendSpace.com to upload the resulting file for us, you can direct it to support at ninjatrader dot com, please mention this thread then.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

cgeorgan, we've received the files and will be looking into this.
            AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello again, could you please tell me which instrument you were backtesting, the session template used, and the strategy? If it is a custom strategy, could you please send it to us so we can test that out as well? If you can reproduce with SampleMACrossover, please let me know how. Thank you for your assistance on this issue.
              AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rayyyu12, Today, 05:38 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rayyyu12  
              Started by xepher101, Yesterday, 12:19 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes