chart trader sim fill bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart trader sim fill bug

Here's what happened. I placed a limit order on chart trader as price came back it went above the limit price by 1 tick (order was already there 5 bars in advance), but the simulator did not fill my order. If i was live, my order must have been filled because the price went above my limit.

Also for clarification, for live trades, all my orders on the chart trader is sent to the exchange right. I hope this doesn't happen with a live trade.
    Attached Files

Hello jfw215,

Could it be price just briefly went above your order price and then back down again? When the price was met, it could be the order was not in line to be executed yet. Price moved back down and your order never executed.

If your order receives a 'Working' or 'Accepted' status, the order resides at the broker/exchange on most occassions. Please see the link below for more information.
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

You can check the order status in the Control Center-->Orders-tab in the State column.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Yes price went up only briefly. But if the limit order is in the exchange, it should be executed regardless. I'm assuming this issue would only happen on the sim. If its live, the orders would be sitting at the exchange already right?

Comment

When trading the sim101 account, there will be no orders submitted to an exchange. The sim101 account is a native NinjaTrader account, so orders will remain internal.

If a live order receives a 'Working' or 'Accepted' status, they reside at the exchange on most occassions. Please see the following link for more information.
        Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

Comment

i can confirm its a bug. i put up the subject here in this thread but couldnt follow due to dearth of time.

its present in NT6.5 too.

Comment

You can enable 'Enfore immediate fills' at Tools-->Options-->Simulator-tab to have orders fill right away when the price is met.

It can occur that orders will not fill when price is touched briefly. It would not be in line at the exchange (virtual) to be executed at the time the order price was touched.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post

It can occur that orders will not fill when price is touched briefly. It would not be in line at the exchange (virtual) to be executed at the time the order price was touched.
              is this for live or sim trades? i thought for live trades ur limit order sit on the books, how could price go through it without filling you? it has to fill u before it can shoot through no?

Comment

This is for sim trades only.

For example, you submitted a buy limit order at 1045.00. When you submitted the order, it is number X in line to be filled at this price. Other traders submitted orders at that price before you.

The market briefly touches your limit order price. It fills the orders waiting in line at the price in question. However before your order is the next one in line to be executed, the market goes back up to a different price.

When trading in simulation the orders are executed as per the simulation engine.

Comment

ok so this is just a sim issue. no problem. as long as i dont get live issues like that i'll be fine. thanks.

Comment

I see my response is confusing - my apologies. My first sentence relates to your first inquiry (is this for live or sim trades?). However the information thereafter applies to live trading as well.

Comment

ok i see. what happened was that the price shot through my limit not dance at my limit then go back down. so i had limit short at 1206 price went to 1206.1 so i must get filled live even if price just go through for a split second right?

Comment

I suggest to clarify with your broker, since the execution of live orders is done on their end.

Unfortunately such behavior can occur when trading the sim101 account.

Comment

ok thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by esmall, Today, 07:14 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post esmall
                          by esmall