chart update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart update

Can I not set my charts to refresh each tick with NT7? It will only let me go to .1 and not zero?

Hello Would,

Unfortunately this is not supported. The minimum value you can use for the 'Display update interval (sec)' option is 0.1 as you mention.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Why would you change that to a value that is worse then the previous version of ninja?

Comment

Hello Would,

It is from our experience that updating at 0 can cause a negative impact on charting as the computer cannot keep up with each incoming tick. When such a case happens, what you end up with is instead of having the most up-to-date chart, you end up with a chart that is much farther lagged behind than if you did not have it update at 0. Updating at greater than zero has shown a positive impact on overall charting because it does not introduce any queue build up for your computer during heavy market volatility.

Comment

Well, that is terrible and I will keep using version 6.5 then I guess. I set mine to zero and during market times such as a news related event my ninja charts on 0 for the refresh will outpace my X_trader dom. Why not give people the option of choosing themselves instead of limiting everyone because it causes some people issues? Or do it based on what processor and amount of ram someone has on the pc?

Comment

Hello Would,

I will forward your suggestions to our Development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations of the software.

Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Thank you, I like NT7 and the new features better but I will not switch over unless I can get at least a realistic refresh time on the charts. 100ms is slow. Something below 50 would probably not be noticeable like 20 or 30..

Comment

You can code up an indicator that causes the chart to refresh on every tick. Do a search for that on this forum, something like that was posted before many months ago. We already had a major discussion about this with NT, and they are not going to change it in the software, but you can fix it yourself with a custom indicator if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by JS999 View Post
                  You can code up an indicator that causes the chart to refresh on every tick. Do a search for that on this forum, something like that was posted before many months ago. We already had a major discussion about this with NT, and they are not going to change it in the software, but you can fix it yourself with a custom indicator if you want.
                  Thank you for the information JS999 I will look into this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by cutzpr, Today, 08:54 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post cutzpr
                  by cutzpr

Started by benmarkal, Today, 08:44 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes