2-instrument charts can't keep panel order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-instrument charts can't keep panel order

As seen I have a 30m chart and a 5m chart. Initially I have them both looking like the 5m chart shown to the right, but when I restart the program the saved work space is not the way I saved it, as the panels of the 30m chart is not in order.

?
    Attached Files

Hello bretddog,

I noticed that one screenshot has the CCI indicator applied in panel 2 besides the GC 08-10.

The CCI indicator causes the Y-axis to extend, which caused the price bars to be vertically compressed. I suggest to apply the CCI indicator on a separate panel.

When I create a similar chart on my end and save & restart NinjaTrader, it does not list an CCI indicator on my end. Could it be you manually added the CCI indicator?

I noticed that the period types are different as well. Are you sure these are the same charts?

In addition, are you able to reproduce the issue? If you create a brand new chart for the CL and GC using 5 minute period types and you save them & restart NinjaTrader, does the chart appear with a 30 minute period type and different indicators?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

These are two different charts. I believe I first created the 5min chart, then saved it as a template. Then I created a new chart also with CL and GC, and loaded the template and sat the period to 30m.. But they don't all recover properly after a restart.

Yes.. I see you are right.. The cci is on same panel as the chart.. But it is not when I save my workspace and close the program. Still it is when I restart. That is the problem. And it's only on some charts.

I will try to reproduce and see what I can find out.
      Last edited by bretddog; 07-14-2010, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Hello bretddog

I see, can you please send me your workspace if you can reproduce the issue. If you notice the issue again, please close NinjaTrader and do not save your workspaces. Go to (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces and send the workspace to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please reference this forum thread in the email as well.

Comment

I have also reported a similar issue with multiple panel charts to support email.

Often the number of panels goes down and multiple instruments get plotted on the same panel. Most of the times the panel disappears completely.

My wild guess is that it is related to the download of data from the data-vendor and the time taken to do that when a lot of requests are being processed.

Comment

Hello aviat72,

Do you perhaps have a ticket number when you reported the issue to support email?

Can you please tell me if you sent your workspace that experiences the issue? If not, can you please send your workspace to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please reference this forum thread in the email an dput 'Attn Jason' in the subject header as well.

In addition, please tell me what connectivity provider you use in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello aviat72,

Could you please send me two workspaces instead of one. One workspace that contains the chart that displays the panels as expected. And one workspace that contains the chart that combined data series in the same panel.

You can find workspaces at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces.

Please reference this forum thread in the email and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by esmall, Today, 07:14 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post esmall
              by esmall

Started by Option Whisperer, 05-09-2024, 07:58 PM
              6 responses