Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader order execution disregards ATM strategy

Hi folks,

I dont know what is going on here, but I will do my best to try to explain as I have a couple of issues that only just started happening.

1.) When I place a Buy Bid Limit order for one of my ASX stocks (BHP), and when that order gets filled, it then seems to sell the order immediately and then disregards a ATM strategy I have put in place, along with a Stop Strategy.

Meaning, I place an order, with the above info, the order gets filled, and then the order gets sold pretty much straight away, the Stop does not get placed where it should, or does the Sell Limit profit order get placed where it should.

2.) When right clicking the chart trader box an choosing properties, change the PnL show that it shows Currency (dollars).

Now it shows the Dollar PnL but the actually $ sign is not in front of the currency (left) it is at the end of it (to the right)

Meaning, it displays like this: 123.00$ but it should display like $123.00

This also happens in more than one chart as shown in pic 2

Attached are a couple of pics of both issue 1 and 2 which may be related, but not quite too sure here.
    Attached Files

Hello Studio88,

Thanks for the report. Could you let us know:
    • Your Data Provider
    • Parameter Type for ATM (Right Click > Chart Trader Properties > Parameter type selected)
    • Your currency selection for this instrument. (Tools > Instrument Manager, Edit BPH)
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan,

1. IB
      2. Parameter type = Price + PnL Display unit = Currency
      3. Currency = Australian Dollar

add edit:
      Ryan, I also clicked the Reset button on Chart trader properties and it still seems to show the dollar back to front.

Meaning, even it the properties for the above state Ticks and Points, the $ symbol still remains on the right of the currency. (after I double click the tick it changes it to %, I double click again it then changes to currency $)
      Last edited by studio88; 07-08-2010, 09:09 PM.

Comment

1) If you are submitting those orders with parameter type Price, then those results are expected.

You're submitting a sell limit order at 25 when the market is trading near 37. This results in a marketable limit order.

You may need to change parameter type to Ticks if you want to base your profit targets and stop loss order on # of ticks from your entry price.

2) With the $ after the PnL figures - Does this happen only on Australian securities or others as well?
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 07-10-2010, 06:08 PM.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan,

1. So I guess what this means is that by changing the properties of the Tick, %, or $ this in turn changes the parameters of the ATM also? As my profit target was supposed to be 25c higher with an attached Auto break even setting attached.

2. When I change to Forex and CL the $ market shows up correctly.

I guess this has all something to do with when I changed the Chart Trader properties & parameters.

I noticed also there is a Default option to set it back to the original state. Good idea that it is there.

May I suggest also that Default also be used in in other area's of NT as this would be a good thing in some instances, in some properties elsewhere in case a user forgets what they have done, or have not done :P

But saying that, why after choosing Default for Chart Trader parameters has the settings not changed anything ?(I think, will double check again though)

Comment

Hello studio88,

1. Yes, the 'Parameter type' setting refers to the ATM fields. If you set it to price, you will need to enter the exact price in the 'Profit target' and 'Stop loss' fields.

2. Unfortunately Australian stocks will display the $ symbol behind the value with IB. I will report it to Development to see if this can be changed.

The 'Set Default' button does not set the properties back to a default state. It will set the current settings to default, so subsequent ChartTrader windows will use the same settings.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for that Jason, that makes things a bit clearer now, I guess there will be a few things to get used to or get to find out or know fully through time.

2. good to hear its not just me and I look forward to that fix also.

Thanks also about the update about the default button.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cre8able, Today, 09:15 PM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post cre8able  
              Started by cummish, Today, 08:43 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes