Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart Trader: Request to move the X cancel button from right to the left of the line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader: Request to move the X cancel button from right to the left of the line

I request the X cancel button to redesign and assign it to the left side of the order line instead of the default left.

The reason is trader could accidentally click on it while they want to modify the order. It has happened to me many time. After canceling a strategy order by accident, there is no way to get it back unless you have a single bracket left.

If the button is on the left side, the chance of clicking it by accident is limited.

I know this is an easy change. Please do it before NT 7 final.

Thanks.

Hello cw30000,

Thank you for your post and suggestion. I will forward this to our development team for future considerations.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Personally - I like the way it works...

Maybe a better solution would be to have the option to turn on "user warnings" (under the chart trader properties) so if you click the red x - a message pops up asking "Are you SURE you want to cancel?"

It would only require 1 new property and an if-then to check if the property is true or false. So only a few lines of code (documentation would probably be longer) and it would give more flexibility...

Comment

Originally posted by trade.ripper View Post
        Personally - I like the way it works...

Maybe a better solution would be to have the option to turn on "user warnings" (under the chart trader properties) so if you click the red x - a message pops up asking "Are you SURE you want to cancel?"

It would only require 1 new property and an if-then to check if the property is true or false. So only a few lines of code (documentation would probably be longer) and it would give more flexibility...
        Thank you for your suggestion as well and I will also forward this to development.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wuannetraam, Today, 02:40 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wuannetraam  
        Started by cyberpete76, 03-27-2023, 12:29 AM
        7 responses
        1 like