Duplicate workspace confirmation dialogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate workspace confirmation dialogs

In Ninjatrader 7 beta 18, when you save to an existing workspace, you are asked if you want to overwrite the existing workspace twice. This seems redundant to me.

steves215,

Where are you seeing this behavior? I only get confirmation request once when I go File>Workspace>Save As and select another workspace that already exists.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see it everytime I do the File->Workspace->Save As. Here is what I did. First open the default work space. Second, create a new workspace and call it myCharts. Next, save myCharts as testChart using File->Workspace->Save As. Close testChart (this is because the open workspace myChart has been replaced with testChart). Open the myChart workspace and then use File->Workspace->Save As. Select testChart from the file chooser dialog. When I click on OK, I get the first confirmation to write dialog. Once I click on OK to the confirmation, another confirmation dialog will pop up after the first one closes.

Comment

steves215,

Unfortunately I am still unable to reproduce. There were a few steps missing in your instructions which may make a difference. How did you name a new workspace myCharts in the first place? Did you use File>Workspace>Save or Save As? When you closed testChart for the first time did you say yes to saving the workspace?

Comment

I always use Save As. I enter the new workspace name in the Save As dialog. When I closed testChart for the first time I said yes to saving the workspace.

Comment

steves215,

Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce with your exact steps on multiple computers. Are there any additional steps missing? I am starting with no workspaces besides Untitled1.xml at the beginning of the process.

Comment

dual dialog

Josh

fyi I always get this as well.
              Just click save workspace as ...

Also I note that if I try and save a workspace when I have a strategy enabled it returns an error. log section attached.
              Attached Files

Comment

Mindset,

Can you please provide the steps that you took to get the dual dialog? I am still unfortunately unable to reproduce on my end.

For your workspace save one, is this something you can reproduce consistently? Can you send in your database, strategy, and workspace in question along with steps to reproduce? Thanks.

Comment

dual dialog

mmm... no - seems it was a corrupted workspace. I seem to be getting a lot of these in b18.

Comment

Mindset,

Please send in the corrupted workspace and any steps you can think of as to how this occurred. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Tin34, Today, 03:30 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Tin34
                    by Tin34

Started by sastrades, Yesterday, 09:59 AM
                    2 responses