beta17 strategies not running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bertrand,

just picked up this thread again because those phantom strategies are appearing in my logs again.

I deleted all xml files from the templates\Strategy directory but it had no impact on the situation.

Comment

adamus, I'll clarify with development why this might still be thrown as error.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by adamus View Post
        I ran a strategy overnight and then made some changes to the code, recompiled it and after that, NT won't run it.

When I enable the strategy, the status in the Control Centre says it's downloading data from IB, but then that's as much activity as I get.

The logging to the Output window which I coded in my strategy doesn't appear, not even a line in the Start-up event.

If I try to disable and re-enable the strategy, it achieves nothing, in fact not even the warning about trade submission re-appears.

The enabled / disabled status then become irrelevant and clicking on the 'Enabled' checkbox for instance doesn't enable it and it doesn't change status color. Despite making it checked or unchecked.

If I look in the log, I see it has contacted IB but I can't see what the problem is, there's no visible error.

I've included the log and the trace file.
        I have exactly the same problem again. Exactly.

I don't know whether it's in error, perhaps I should restart NinjaTrader, or if it's waiting to start, or waiting to stop, or trying to cancel.

I've just got no idea, so I'll have to restart NT to see if I can fix it.

I think this is something that needs fixed - it's certainly an issue for me. I want to start my strategy, but I can't and I don't know why.

Thanks

Comment

adamus, can you please send me your latest logs / traces to my Attn to support email (or use the Help > Mail to Support) and please include the approx time your restart / reenable attempts then.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

here are the logs and traces in a zip. I included the log and trace from 18th as well in case it helps.

This occurred at 08-19-2010, 10:25 AM London time, i.e. I had the problems before that and wrote my message on the forum here and then restarted NT.
            Attached Files

Comment

adamus, thanks for the update. We'll get back to you tomorrow.
              AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks adamus, unfortunately the files would not offer insight into why would experience those issues reenabling your strategies after the coding changes - do you see the same issue if you start a new instance of the strategy after the coding changes? If you have a strategy that would exhibit the issues and you would be willing to share a 'stripped down' version we would appreciate to test it here on IB simulated account to check into.

Thanks

Comment

I looked at the files myself and thought there wasn't anything useful there.

I have experienced this with another strategy, in fact several times. I don't' know whether I can work out what to do for it to repeat the error. If it gets that far, I'll let you know.

Comment

Ok, thanks please do adamus, we appreciate the support and testing.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 05:50 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ETFVoyageur  
                    Started by DawnTreader, 05-08-2024, 05:58 PM
                    17 responses
                    0 likes