Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several Possible Bugs/Problems with NT7

** Data is not being saved.
    See NT-NoDataSaved.Jpg. I imported as LAST data.
    Notice on the screen dump, Ask & Bid has data...Last Does Not!
    As soon as I shut down NT7 & restart NT6.5, data is saved properly.

** Charts Do Not show any activity, even though the SuperDom seems to be working. The charts only show bars through last Friday @ 4:15...nothing from the Sunday session is showing.
    As soon as I shut down NT7 & restart NT6.5, Charts & SuperDome work fine.

** Optimizer Grid does not save the settings.
    There is no way to save the columns as a template. There wasn't in NT6.5, but at least in NT6.5, it remembered what was set from 1 optimization to the next.

** Backtesting does not match. In several cases, its not even close.
    See ES-4-19to4-23.Jpg and NT7-ES4-19to4-24.Jpg.
    This test was OFF 207 TRADES in 1 week! These 2 tests were run with the exact same script file that was copied from NT6.5 to NT7, immediately compiled & the optimization was run. A couple strategies were off over $2000.

** There is no 'Exclude Weekend setting in NT7??

** The Backtesting 'To' date is off.
    The 'From' date seems OK. The 'To' date is never included in the run.

** The final date of the optimization is not displayed on the Graph.

** The option to Save Optimization Settings doesn't seem to work.
    You can save it a bunch of times. When you optimize the next time, they are back to the default. I don't see a way to save/restore as a template.

** I detached the Optimized Settings screen & made it floating.
    When I started again, it went back to being attached again.
    Attached Files

1. Are you sure you are actually receiving Last price updates at this point in time though? You can confirm this in the Last column in the Control Center top left for your instrument. Also, in your Tools>Options>Data settings, please be sure to check "Save chart data as historical". You would need either a chart or a Market Analyzer indicator column for this.

2. Please check your charts Session Template being used. If you are using RTH then you would not see any Sunday session information. You would need to either use 24/7 or ETH as the session tempalte.

3. In the optimizer grid for your settings right click > Save as Default.

4. Session template would play a big deal here. Please check you are using a template that is in line with the data you were using in 6.5. I suspect using Default 24/7 will suffice for your needs.

5. Excluding weekend is done by the session template. If you want to exclude the weekend please use Default 24/5.

6. Please see my attachment. I told it to end on 4/28 and the trades log shows trades going up to 4/28. Can you please see if it does so on your end?

7. Likely related to your #6. Please clarify #6 and we can try to isolate. Thank you.

8. Bring up a Strategy Analyzer's optimizer tab and right click>Save as Default. Switch to a different strategy and back, you load the settings for the optimizer you just set. Close SA, open a new SA, select your strategy = same settings. If you change settings it will persist your last used settings, this would be expected. The next time you bring up SA you would get your defaults.

9. Default is attached, this would be expected.
    Attached Files
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by usasugardefender, Today, 01:42 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post usasugardefender  
    Started by haas88, 03-21-2024, 02:22 AM