Chart Style 'Box' is missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Style 'Box' is missing

The Chart Style 'Box' that is in the video is not in the list of options.

What data type is ES from AMP/ZenFire?
    I assumed 'Last'. When we are in the middle of an upgrade, How do we find out about the new settings?
    There should probably be some type of chart or way to look up the data type for At Least the most popular setups.

I can't do the upgrade during the week, due to the limitation that I can only run either NT6.5 or NT7. How can we continually get & save tick data and still start/stop NT6.5 & NT7 to compare options & upgrade?

ChuckAllen,

Box is a chart style.

Charts by default display Last data. If you want to view bid/ask data you will need to change the "Price based on" setting. I am not sure what you mean by being in the middle of an upgrade and viewing settings.

You can only one running at a time. You can just open one and save the data you want and export/import that data to the other when you are done for the day.
    Attached Files
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Reply to Josh

**Of course 'Box' is a chart style, AND it is also missing from the Chart Style dropdown list!
      Try setting the Period Type to Range, 4 Tick.
      Then Try changing the Chart Style.
      Notice that 'Box' is missing...the other 4 exist.

**One of the new options is Bid, Ask, or Last for the type of data that is being used. If you are in the middle of using this screen, and you can't get immediate tech support, How do we know which type of data is being sent to us? Bid, Ask, or Last.
      Again, consider looking at the options, GUI, etc. from the customer's standpoint. How do we know what is being supplied to us.
      That's what I meant by adding some type of information that would help us with the proper settings.
      Anything would help...something like 'Most vendors supply data that will work with the 'Last' setting.

**What I meant by saving the data is also from a previous post/reply. Since you folks can't/don't migrate various settings and default the ones you are not sure of...we have to shut down NT7, start NT6.5, get the settings for the template, chart, or whatever, save them (by doing a screen dump or whateaver), shut down NT6.5, start NT7 again, and add/upgrade the settings.
      This is a real pain, especially when you have a bunch of templates.
      The programming would be very simple, and very friendly to the customer, if you would do what you can, default the rest, and log what you are not sure of...then tell us to look at the logs for migration information.

Comment

Chuck,

That is expected. Box style is not available for range charts.

Data from providers has always been Last data when you were using 6.5. In 7 with a few of the providers you can actually view historical bid/ask data. You can see a breakdown here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm Thank you for the suggestion about a tooltip message.

Unfortunately there is no way to bring 6.5 chart templates to 7. They are incompatible because the way charting is done in 7 is completely different. You will have to rebuild the templates by hand.

Comment

Reply to Josh

**Not having Box style within Range Charts is a TERRIBLE mistake. One of the most profittable systems I have ever written takes multiple trades within the confines of a range chart.
          Basically, when the price goes against the basic Range Chart's boundries/trend (retracement), but within various boundries (range), you take the trade (based on calculated percentages), that says it will come back.
          If you have the Box Style, especially with the fantastic ability to see action within the Box/Range, why not use it where it does the most good? Retracements within a Box/Range is one of the most proffitable trades you can make!!!

** Please add the link you provided where the customer needs it...on the screen where you ask for the type of Ask/Bid/Last data. That's where it makes the most sense. We need it when migrating/importing/exporting the data.

** The absence of a way to print the various options for all objects, templates, etc. and the inability to help with the template migration is the main reason why we should be able to run multiple NT instances. If I have dozens of custom setups it is a real pain to start up and shut down various versions to upgrade. Unless you can think of a better way???

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. I have added them to our feedback list.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ETFVoyageur, 05-07-2024, 07:05 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ETFVoyageur  
            Started by Klaus Hengher, Yesterday, 03:13 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes