Error on loading chart data for Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on loading chart data for Default

Starting yesterday morning, every nearly every single symbol that I click on within NT I receive the following error:

"Error on loading chart data for '<SYMBOL> Default": NinjaTrader data server does not support this instrument, no data available"

The <SYMBOL> changes to whichever stock symbol I have selected. This has made the entire program unusable for me.

Two days ago these symbols did not display this error. I made no changes regarding my connections since then. I did update to the new BETA 14 version this morning to see if that might resolve the issue but it had no effect.

I am using TD Ameritrade as my data provider. Are there any suggestions for resolving this so that I can use NT once again?

Hi kinsei,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Which instruments generate this message?

2.) Are you using any other data providers along with TD Ameritrade? If so, which?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would say over 90% of the isntruments in my Market analyzer are producing this message.

Here are some of the first few:
      AAN
      ABIO
      ACIW
      ADTN
      AEN
      ALKS
      ARRS
      ARWR
      BEE
      CDNS
      DAL
      ENCO

etc etc.

I was also using Google and yahoo. I have since removed Google and the error has continued. should I also remove Yahoo?

Comment

Hi Kensei,

Thank you for the clarification.

I notice that each of those instruments is not included with NinjaTrader by default. It is likely that these instruments are simply not configured correctly.

So that I may further investigate, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
        1.) A link to this forum post.

2.) The settings you are currently using for AAN in the instrument manager.

Comment

add yahoo pink sheet stock to chart

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hi Kensei,

Thank you for the clarification.

I notice that each of those instruments is not included with NinjaTrader by default. It is likely that these instruments are simply not configured correctly.

So that I may further investigate, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
          1.) A link to this forum post.

2.) The settings you are currently using for AAN in the instrument manager.

NT_kyle - if the symbol is JEDM (JEDM.PK) , how would you configure this? and the settings for the instrument manager....

yahoo feed

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh
            Pink sheet stocks are not supported as NT does not support an OTC exchange. What you can try is just create a symbol JEDM and map it to JEDM.PK then set the Default exchange and any other one. When you bring it up you will not get any charts for this instrument except whatever comes in real-time. That would be extremely thin though since it is a pink sheeter.

thx NT_Josh - ..but why do NT offer OTCBB as an exchange option within Instrument manager? ---or how would you MAP this particular stock to JEDM.PK?

and since it will not chart except whatever comes in realtime, will this symbol work in a strategy?

Comment

mystiq,

But is that actually the exchange the instrument is traded on though? I don't believe (I could be wrong) it is the correct one for JEDM.PK?

Whatever Yahoo lists as the symbol is the required mapping. In this case it is JEDM.PK.

Strategies do not make any distinction on what it can and cannot run on. If you have data it will run, if you don't have data there is nothing for the strategy to run on.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by mystiq View Post
                thx NT_Josh - ..but why do NT offer OTCBB as an exchange option within Instrument manager? ---or how would you MAP this particular stock to JEDM.PK?

and since it will not chart except whatever comes in realtime, will this symbol work in a strategy?
                <<But is that actually the exchange the instrument is traded on though? I don't believe (I could be wrong) it is the correct one for JEDM.PK?

Whatever Yahoo lists as the symbol is the required mapping. In this case it is JEDM.PK.>>

NT_guys - thx .. i get it...no for pink sheets ".pk" stocks and yes for otcbb ".ob" stocks ? correct ?

Comment

Hello mystiq,

Correct, .PK stocks are not supported but those on OtcBB should be available.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                    Hello mystiq,

Correct, .PK stocks are not supported but those on OtcBB should be available.

Thx NT_Kyle

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by dcriador, Today, 12:04 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post dcriador  
                    Started by cutzpr, Today, 08:54 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes