Collapse

Red cross / Crash after IB pacing violation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are right, the workspace is corrupted, this was caused by the crash. So I have reestablished the workspace here. The charts of the workspace were connected.

Edit: Workspace corrected.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Harry; 05-27-2010, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Harry,

With your workspace I have induced IB pacing violation. At what point does your crash occur after the pacing violation is hit? I just get popups saying the pacing was hit, but no crashes.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Crash (NT closing itself) usually occured about 60 sec after the last pacing violation popup occured. At the moment I am out of office, so I cannot reproduce it now.

Comment

Hmm. I have tried again this time without closing any of the popup boxes. After the last popup I waited 5 minutes and nothing happened. NT remained responsive and allowed me to do anything I wanted afterwards.

Comment

Will try to reproduce during the next days, and send you workspace and tracefile.

Comment

Now testing with the workspace CPU hog, which has a 1 min chart, a 5 min chart and a daily chart. The intraday charts do not use DailyBars.

I had a problem in the beginning, because I toggled to EURJPY before the loading of EURGBP had finished. This caused an eternal swinging between the two instruments until NT crashed without my doing anything. The linked charts show three different instruments, see screenshot attached below.

I then tried to load data again in an orderly manner, but the loading of daily data for quite a number of FOREX instruments, caused data throttling, because Ninjatrader fired off 2 daily data requests within a fraction of a second for the same chart. The first data request was made for Friday, May 28 and the second data request (leading to the data throttling popup) for Saturday, May 29.
              This problem typically occurs during the week-end. Observed for AUSUSD, EURGBP, USDCAD, GBPUSD, EURUSD and USDJPY. Details can be found in the trace file.

Workspace used attached.
              Attached Files

Comment

I think that the crashes occur, when you toggle from an instrument 1 to an instrument 2, and then to an instrument 3, while instrument 2 is still being loaded.

With the current behaviour of NT 7 (i.e. loading CL 40 times and more) this can easily happen if you do not pay attention. Still loading after 5 minutes....

So to reproduce, you would need to toggle quickly through instruments via the DOM and a connected chart.

Comment

Harry,

So to clarify then, this crash you are referring to has nothing to do with IB hitting a pacing violation. It is simply to do with changing of bars.

The traces would suggest this to be the case and if we are in agreement on this then we are on the right page to move forward.

Comment

Hi Josh,

I load data from IB by connecting a chart to the DOM, and then using arrows to toggle down all the instruments. I had a crash, when toggling too fast and I had a crash that occured after a pacing violation. Maybe I tried to change instruments after the pacing violation to check, whether the next instrument also would suffer from the pacing violation. In this case I would have tried to change bars, before the prior toggling was actually executed.

Comment

Harry,

Thanks. I have forwarded to development. This looks to be a replacing of current bars issue.

Comment

Hi Harry !

We could reproduce the issue which ended up in endless requests when switching instruments fast, on SuperDOM & several charts connect with link button.

The fix will be available with the next update of NinjaTrader.

Thanks for reporting !
                        Christian
                        ChristianSenior Software Developer

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by sofortune, Yesterday, 11:48 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                        Started by Zach55, 02-19-2024, 07:22 PM