Incorrect Account Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect Account Data

Using beta 13, I am receiving historical forex data using the Gain connection (I believe the actual data is from the NT servers).
    After an ATM trade has completed, my simulation account account is out by many magnitudes. This happens whether the trade was a profit or loss.

While the trade is in, the data in the positions tab is correct. It is only the account tab info that is way out after the trade completes.

Hello astrolobe,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please tell me if you can reproduce this for all instruments or does this only occur for a specific instrument.

Please let me know what instrument or instruments you see this issue with so I may attempt to reproduce on my end.

I look forward to assisting you further with this issue.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The last time this occurred was for the EUR/JPY. I will let you know if this happens with a different pair.

Comment

Can you tell me if you are using values such as 1, 2, etc. within the Qty Window or are you using a decimal for smaller lot orders such as 0.01M for 10,000.

Comment

I am using values of 1, 2, etc.
          I understand that when using Gain in demo that you are dealing with standard lots, but if you want to use mini lots, then you need to set up a live account for that.

Comment

astrolobe, you can use whatever quantities you want with the demo and NinjaTrader's simulation accounts. So after a trade completes, is your account off by much more than you expected or much less? If it is off by much more, try using 0.1 and 0.01 and other similar quantities to get a more accurate representation of the trade's results.
            AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have just completed a sim trade where my sim account was $40K. I made a trade resulting in a loss of -$648, which is correctly reflected in the "Realized" column of the Accounts tab. However, the Cash Value of the sim account went from $40K to -$20K...a swing of $60k exactly.

I am assuming my order quantities are correct, as the realized column in not reflecting a loss of $60K.

The forex pair used was EURJPY with GAIN as the provider.

Comment

Hi astrolobe,

Please go to Tools-->Options-->Simulator tab-->Margin/unit: set to 1 as apposed to 1000-->Reset Simulator-->Click Ok.

Resetting the simulator will delete all Simulation trade history.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.

Comment

Christopher,
                  I made the change, but the problem persists. I am trying to narrow the problem down, but it looks like the Cash value column sometimes reflects the correct amount after a trade has completed, but when I check back a few hours later, it is now incorrect.

Comment

I have been unable to reproduce this on my end. I will continue to test and will follow up as soon as I gather additional information.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Is it time yet to revisit this issue?

I am posting my query in this thread because post #7 above has the clearest illustration of the problem of the many threads in which this issue has been raised. Examples of related threads with unsatisfactory resolution are:
                      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=29334&highlight=GAIN+accounts
                      and
                      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=8363

One as yet unmentioned consequence of this issue is the impact it has on strategy persistence, a stated priority for NT7. With the kind of progression cited in post #7, starting out with a reasonable account size you might not even be able to forward test a new strategy in Sim 101 in a live (cash) GAIN account for as much as a week before the strategy is automatically shut down due to insuffiicient funds!

Hope for a resolution to this issue has always been deferred to NT7. Well, we are pretty far into the beta rollout now, so I'm hoping it's time to ask whether anything has been done about the issue yet? And if not, can it finally be put on the immediate agenda?

It's just not satisfactory to say it's too difficult because of "the complexities of supporting multiple FX brokers." GAIN forex.com is your special FX partner. This is the reason many of us have chosen to have our forex accounts at GAIN. I'm not asking you to solve the issue for all forex brokers and all NT users, just for those of us with live accounts at GAIN. Why is it such a low priority for you? It can't be that difficult, other platforms get it right.
                      Last edited by raintree; 08-05-2010, 03:44 AM.

Comment

I have reset the simulation account back to a starting Cash Value of $100,000, placed a trade with the quantity set to 1 and had a loss of $20 for this position. I have provided a screen shot of the results.

Can you please tell me what version of NinjaTrader 7 you currently have installed which can be found under Help-->About.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your response, Christopher. If your question was directed to me, I have NT7.0.0.19 installed. The information that you had a loss of $20 doesn't tell me anything useful unless you also tell me:
                          1. What the beginning and ending prices were
                          2. What instrument you were trading
                          3. What Simulator Tab settings you were using

Comment

Originally posted by raintree View Post
                            Thank you for your response, Christopher. If your question was directed to me, I have NT7.0.0.19 installed. The information that you had a loss of $20 doesn't tell me anything useful unless you also tell me:
                            1. What the beginning and ending prices were
                            2. What instrument you were trading
                            3. What Simulator Tab settings you were using
                            I have provided screen shots below of the executions tab as well as the simulator tab which is set to Default settings.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ok, you had a loss of $20 for a 2 pip move. How much change was there in in your Cash Value in the Accounts tab when this happened? This is where the problem lies.

I'm running the Sim 101 platform in my live (cash) GAIN account and my Accounts tab shows a drop in the Cash Value of $7,400 due to a Realized PnL of -$86.09. It should have shown a drop of $86.09 but it showed a drop of $7,400. Get it? THIS is the problem we are talking about.

This problem has been plaguing GAIN live account users for years now and it has been previously acknowledged by Ray and Josh (see links in my post #11 above). So my question is really, what is being done about it now that we are so far into the rollout of NT7 where the problem was supposed to be solved?

Perhaps you could refer this question to Ray and Josh. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by sastrades, 05-10-2024, 09:59 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rc5781
                              by rc5781

Started by guyonabuffalo, Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes