Connecting MultiSeriesChart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harry,

Currently investigating whether or not the difference between latest sources vs B13 impacts this or not.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Changing instruments

NT 7.0.0.15

I have a chart with two data series. For example

- DataSeries 1 ES 06-10 30 min
      - DataSeries 2 ES 06-10 5 min

Now, if I change the instrument of the first DataSeries via the upper left corner of the chart to YM 06-10,

- sometimes both DataSeries change to YM
      - sometimes only the first DataSeries changes to YM

The choice here seems arbitrary, I could not so far link this behavior to any further chart settings.

Comment

I have never seen this behavior. Changing from within the chart should always change both series. We will keep our eyes out.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Something changed with NT 7.0.0.15 here - probably the logic of changing instruments. My impression is that it works like this now:

If you have two different data series, say ES (1st) and YM (2nd), and you change the first data series via the upper left corner of the chart, the second data series is not affected.

However, if you have two dataseries ES 30 min (1st) and ES 5min (2nd), and you change the first data series via the upper left corner of the chart, both are changed now.

I attach the chart template "Offensive" from yesterday that also shows this behavior.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
          I have never seen this behavior. Changing from within the chart should always change both series. We will keep our eyes out.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Harry,

Thank you for providing a copy of the workspace.

While I can see that this workspace contains items, no windows load on my end when the workspace is in place.

Typically, this is indicative of a workspace corruption.

If you open a new workspace (File > Workspaces > New Workspace) and attempt to replicate this behavior, do you receive the same result? If so, please provide me with a copy of the new workspace so that I may further test on my end.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle, this is not a workspace, but a chart template. Just create a new workspace and apply the chart template.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hi Harry,

Thank you for providing a copy of the workspace.

While I can see that this workspace contains items, no windows load on my end when the workspace is in place.

Typically, this is indicative of a workspace corruption.

If you open a new workspace (File > Workspaces > New Workspace) and attempt to replicate this behavior, do you receive the same result? If so, please provide me with a copy of the new workspace so that I may further test on my end.

Comment

Hi Harry,

Thank you for the clarification. Sorry about the confusion.

On my end, I am not seeing the behavior you describe above. I am, however, seeing some fairly odd behavior in terms of bar plotting when using that template.

On your end, if you open a new multi-series chart with this template applied do you see only the primary series being plotted?

Comment

Yes that is the purpose of the chart. The secondary dataseries is only used to increase the resolution of volume profile. The bars of the secondary series are set to transparent on purpose. The chart uses the dValueArea indicator from the download forum, if you import it, you will immediately see, how it works. I attach it again below.
                  Hi Harry,

Thank you for the clarification. Sorry about the confusion.

On my end, I am not seeing the behavior you describe above. I am, however, seeing some fairly odd behavior in terms of bar plotting when using that template.

On your end, if you open a new multi-series chart with this template applied do you see only the primary series being plotted?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Harry,

Thank you once again for the clarification.

I am able to replicate this behavior on my end and will be following up with my development team. Thank you for reporting this!

Comment

Thanks Kyle,

today with a similar template, sometimes the secondary DataSeries changed and sometimes it did not. Also have experienced this with simpler templates, but reproducibility with this one is better, so I sent you the worst one.

Hi Harry,

Thank you once again for the clarification.

I am able to replicate this behavior on my end and will be following up with my development team. Thank you for reporting this!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Salahinho99, 05-05-2024, 04:13 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                      Started by ttrader23, Yesterday, 09:04 AM
                      7 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post ttrader23