Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GetXbyBarIdx

I am having some difficulty with this.
    The attached charts show the same instrument, same time span, barwidth,etc etc.

as you can see the same calculation

return ChartControl.GetXByBarIdx(BarsArray[0],CurrentBar);

produces a different number.
    Is this a bug or am I missing something?
    Attached Files

I believe we discussed that issue before: ChartControl and any method related is not NinjaScript. Thus, we would not provide any support for it. Thanks for your understanding.

Comment

Documented

eh?

This is a documented change by yourselves. I am getting a different value so it may be a bug or it may be my coding - which is it?

Comment

Could you please provide a pointer to the document you are referring to? Thanks

Comment

code breaking changes

bottom of page 1.

Comment

This is not documented NinjaScript but additional information provided for customers doing work outside of NinjaScript. The method you are referring to works as expected on all our internal code, we are not aware of any issue.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
              This is not documented NinjaScript but additional information provided for customers doing work outside of NinjaScript. The method you are referring to works as expected on all our internal code, we are not aware of any issue.
              it looks like Mindset's doing such work, and he has an issue.

presumably you're aware of this issue now, right?

either those methods should be documented and supported, or they should be removed from the breaking changes doc since if we're not supposed to be using them then none of our code will reference them...
              Last edited by piersh; 12-31-2009, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Not sure how to make it any clearer:
                - ChartControl and related methods never had been nor are they now supported NinjaScript. They are just not supported.
                - however, since we are aware that some customers nevertheless coded against unsupported features, we provided hints in the "Code breaking changes" section of our NT7 documents as a courteousy. We feel it's in the best interest of the vast majority of our users to have some guidance than just being left with uncompilable NinjaScript code. I understand you would prefer the opposite.

Here is the definition of "not supported":
                - we do not provide ANY form of support
                - if you wanted to use those features regardless, then it's at your own risk
                - unsupported features have no "expected" behavior as they are not documented nor would they have any typical use cases
                - the behavior you observe may or may not meet your requirements
                - it may change at any time without prior notice
                - the feature itself even might go away without prior notice

Comment

Mindset, I think the reason you are getting a different number back is because your charts are different sizes (at least in the picture you provided they are). That function call is returning an X coordinate within the window for the requested bar index. If you scroll the data back it will provide yet another value. Even if they are close to the same size, you could get a slightly different value due to rounding. Hope that helps.

Update: One thing to try is to maximize each of those windows (to get same size) and see if they get the same value.

Comment

multiple data series and panels

Update
                    This was a way more complicated issue than I believed.
                    Suffice to say I paid a Consultant to do it.
                    It's annoying because the answer is reasonably straightforward - but you have to be an advanced C# programmer to know about it (lol). Well at least more advanced than me ;-)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 12:52 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ETFVoyageur  
                    Started by Board game geek, Yesterday, 02:20 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Board game geek