Collapse

No Data for IQFeed GC Continuous Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK I can accept that but yesterday I was able to connect to Zenfire first and then IQFeed and was able to chart ##-##. I also had no issues doing this in NT6.5.

EDIT: is it possible that NT7 stores the ##-## chart data that's loaded after I've disconnected Zenfire? I think this may be why I sometimes see ##-## when I've connected to IQFeed after Zenfire. If so, was this the case in NT6.5 as well?

Regards.
    Last edited by FatCanary; 12-11-2009, 09:23 AM.

Comment

NT7 for sure stores ##-## if you had it open at any point in the past. When you try to open that chart with a data provider that doesn't support it, it will load up whatever you had in your database.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK I'm not going to argue the point but I've just checked with NT 6.5 which I last ran on 9th Dec, so there would have been no data for 10th Dec.

I connected to Zenfire first and then IQFeed. ##-## charted with no problems, including data for 10th Dec. I even set the built in GC instrument to map to IQFeed with QGC and I had no trouble charting this with GC ##-##. So there was no conflict, as was suggested in an earlier post.

To me, in this situation, NT7 behaves differently to NT6.5

Regards,
        FatCanary
        Attached Files

Comment

FatCanary, not sure what you exactly did - but the continuous expiry is not expected to work with ZenFire connected first, in this case all futures data is coming from this primary connection - of course if you had downloaded data for the ES ##-## with IQFeed at another point in time, it would be displayed (taken from the database), but it would not update realtime.

Connect to Zen first and then to IQ, select the ES ##-## from the default list in the Control Center - no data received in this case.

Disconnect from Zen, IQ takes over and gets primary - ES ##-## symbol in Control Center will display ES 03-10 Level 1 quotes which would be expected outcome at this point.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand

Yes that all makes sense.
            I'm not expecting ES ##-## to update in realtime as I don't subscribe to IQFeed futures realtime. I just use ##-## for daily analysis even though this will not include the current day.

I can also see that ##-## would show data stored from the database. Maybe I somehow managed to store data for the 10th without realising.

Let's leave it as it is, not least because it's making my head hurt, but also as you're saying this is expected behaviour.

Thanks for all the help.

FatCanary

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post llanqui
            by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM