Bug: Renko right edge issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug: Renko right edge issue

You seem to only print out renko bars when its "closed" meaning its moved its certain number of ticks from prior bar's close (except for reversals where its twice that amount). This is ok except that you aren't really showing the true real-time right edge of the chart (bar is invisible). This seems to have the effect of also not properly displaying the indicator values to last legit "closed" renko bar on far right edge which is a problem.

See screenshot for this happening in realtime on FDAX just this hour - note the DataBox and its indicator values of HMA, etc. are "N/A" for this last bar (although this last bar is not really the realtime bar being built as you might expect).

JD
    Attached Files

Switching your indicators to CalculateOnBarClose = false should resolve the issue if I understood it correctly.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Usually that would be the case for other chart types. However, your farthest right bar on renko charts is not a realtime bar - its the last printed "closed" bar and will not be updated again (thus, the indicator values could also be printed). You can see this effect when watching the renko charts in realtime. The actual "realtime" bar that is typical of many chart types is lacking from renko bar types - i.e., its invisible - not being shown.

I think if you allowed for the realtime bar to exist for renko bar types this problem may resolve itself?

Comment

I will get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by jdfagan View Post
          You seem to only print out renko bars when its "closed" meaning its moved its certain number of ticks from prior bar's close (except for reversals where its twice that amount). This is ok except that you aren't really showing the true real-time right edge of the chart (bar is invisible). This seems to have the effect of also not properly displaying the indicator values to last legit "closed" renko bar on far right edge which is a problem.

See screenshot for this happening in realtime on FDAX just this hour - note the DataBox and its indicator values of HMA, etc. are "N/A" for this last bar (although this last bar is not really the realtime bar being built as you might expect).

JD
          JD,

I have also noticed this issue with indicators on the RENKO charts.

Indicators update under last completed bar, not current bar as it has yet to form on chart.

RJay
          RJay
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

We are looking into it. Thanks for the patience.

Comment

Maybe talking out of turn and if so I apologize;
              W/Renko your indis should use a displacement of 1
              I have to do that in NT 6.5

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Uregon, Today, 03:44 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes