Migration Issue/Heads UP FYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migration Issue/Heads UP FYI

I tried to migrate from 6.5 and when trying to connect to data feed it appeared to hang without turning green. A look at the log tab showed that it was complaining about some strategies that used the "strategy plot" workaround for multi-time frame plots from 6.5. I can't even find these old strategies in my strategy list, but I'm guessing an old workspace perhaps had them included...even though I wasn't trying to open those old workspaces.

Anyway, I decided I would rather do a clean install and rebuild everything natively in NT7. So I uninstalled, deleted the NT7 folder and reinstalled and it works fine now.

Just letting you know about the issue.

Great work on NT7!

VT

Thanks for the tip.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

that sounds like what happened to me (migration success, but connection hang-up due to non-migrated strategies that were somehow referenced in historical data) ... i emailed Dierk my mdb's and sdf's, etc. ... when b3/b4 comes out, i can uninstall b2 and repeat my installation to see if the issue was resolved.

cheers,
      -e

Comment

Originally posted by e-man View Post
        that sounds like what happened to me (migration success, but connection hang-up due to non-migrated strategies that were somehow referenced in historical data) ... i emailed Dierk my mdb's and sdf's, etc. ... when b3/b4 comes out, i can uninstall b2 and repeat my installation to see if the issue was resolved.

cheers,
        -e
        Mine is working OK, but the log keeps reporting that it is unable to restore 6.5 strategies that I haven't tried to import. I'll try the clean install.

Comment

when i did my install, i created subdir's under Indicator and Strategy named "_nt65_" (the name doesn't matter, that was just my convention) ... and i moved all of my custom code inside those folders before starting the install.

what i didn't do (and perhaps should have done?) was to go into NT65 and recompile the generic indicator ... hmmm ... wonder if that contributed to the problem?

i digress ... so i moved the code in there and then did the install so that none of my NT65 custom stuff was migrated to NT7 ... from what Dierk was saying in the thread is started, they had a data migration issue that has since been patched and will be resolved w/the next release.

hope that helps ... glad you've got yours working!

cheers,
          -e

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by StefanA, Today, 11:24 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post StefanA
          by StefanA