How is Stop Order handling improved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is Stop Order handling improved?

I have a situation in NT6 with NS where reversing a position cancels a stop order of previous position but creates a new stop order automatically in opposite direction but at the same exact price of the old stop order. This is causing me grief as strategy quits throwing an error that stop cannot be in the same direction as position.

For ex: I EnterLong at say 1000 and my selltocover stoploss is at 980. Say I EnterShort at 990 while the long position is still on. It cancels the long position and selltocover stoploss but unfortunately it creates a buytocover stoploss at 980 which is below the current price of 990. Strategy immediately throws a red flag and quits once and for all.

How is this improved in 6.5? Simulator in 6.5 is not showing those positive spikes which 6's simulator did when it should have thrown an error. Instead the simulator in 6 used to show extra profit as it calculated the rogue stop into a trade which wouldnt happen in live.

I do not see that the SetStopLoss() routine return any Order number. How do I get the order number so that I can cancel it using cancel routine of V6.5 before reversing position? Is the cancel necessary in 6.5?

There are so many improvements in 6.5. What I suggest first is run your strategy in 6.5 and see if it behaves as expected. Then report back and let us know if not and we can take it from there. It is not necessary to cancel orders in 6.5 unless you elect to use the new advanced event driven programming options with live until cancelled orders.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Works now

Just before entering new position calling SetStopLoss with calculation mode of ticks did the trick. Either that or v6.5 itself. Not sure.. But dynamic stoploss based on calculation mode price of previous position is no longer an issue.

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for reporting back.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
        27 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by ETFVoyageur, 04-30-2024, 02:04 PM