NT 6.5.9 crashes repeatedly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 6.5.9 crashes repeatedly

I installed the beta 9, and so wish I had not.
    NT has locked up or crashed 4 times this morning, and has never come up successfully. The 2nd time, it froze the entire computer and I had to use the power switch.

There are NO error messages in the log, and the Reset DB did not help at all.

It happens after connecting to the data feed (IQ) and after opening my workspace (does not matter which is first). Default workspace is empty, my one custom workspace has 7 windows.
    I'd rather go back to beta 8 than re-create that workspace from scratch.

Please try this first,

- Shut down NT
    - Move contents of My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\workspaces to another location
    - Restart NT

--> Any problems?
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray ! Did I not just say that it only crashes AFTER opening my custom workspace? So, before that (when no custom workspace is open) there is no problem. Also no work, as there is no data being recorded !

FWIW, Repair DB also does nothing to help.

I did your little trick, but of course it does me no good as I need my workspace. I tried a chart to verify that it is not my std template/indicators and still no problem.

Moving even part of my workspace back (less charts) and opening it causes a crash.

Comment

Great. Thanks for your co-operation.

Please email us the workspace files (zip if you can) via Mail To Support and in the subject include "For Ray".

Mucking with the database will have absolutely no effect. The problem is in the files that you will send to me. Unfortunately there is likely no way to recover these workspaces and you will have to rebuild them from scratch. I know this is not what you wanted to hear and I am sorry for the inconvenience.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Done.

Re-creating may be a requirement.... In all that moving around, it seemed I erased my full workspace.
          The emailed zip file contains one "SCT Futures wo tick" and that is the one that crashes. Almost the same as my full one but two OTR charts deleted.

The "Basic 4" is one I created this morning to verify that the charts are good. It did not crash.

Comment

Sounds exactly like the problem I had two days ago (see thread "Workspace Bug" below). Repeated crashes during loading, no messages in the logfile.

I just abandoned the idea of using several workspaces. Now I am using the default workspace only, and since I made that decision NT 6.5.9 runs smoothly.

Comment

LostTrader,

I tried your workspaces here no problem. Guess I would need your DB too. Please send me by Help->Mail to support->Check attach DB, subject "for Dierk"

Thanks

Comment

Also: I noticed there are custom indicators
                - BarCheck
                - Pace
                - SoundChk
                - VolumeSCT

Please export these indicators (File->Utilities->Export NinjaScript) mail me these indicators to "dierk AT ninjatrader DOT com".

Thanks

Comment

Dierk, the email was sent. I hope it helps.

Harry, thanks for the clue, but there's something else going on.
                  I removed all the workspaces from the subdirectory, renamed my custom one to "Default.xml" & re-started NT, shut-down NT so it created the "_Workspaces.xml" Upon re-starting NT, my charts & windows were there (as the Default workspace), then connected to IQ, & NT crashed.

I know my charts will work if I re-create them today, tho perhaps not tomorrow, LOL.

Comment

>> renamed my custom one to "Default.xml"
                    Oughh. You NEVER should manually rename or copy ANY workspace file. This screws up NT's internal logic.

You now would need to remove ALL files from <my documents>/NinjaTrade6.5/workspaces and start with a fresh setup.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                      Oughh. You NEVER should manually rename or copy ANY workspace file. This screws up NT's internal logic.
                      LOL. Well, it wouldn't LET me do a save as to the Default name!
                      How does one decide that a custom layout be saved as the default now?
                      The name was not inside the xml file, I did check.

Comment

You can NOT save a workspace as default since this screws up NT. Please proceed as per below to get back to a save state.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                          You can NOT save a workspace as default since this screws up NT. Please proceed as per below to get back to a save state.
                          I'll delete all the workspaces & avoid NT until the next beta. Tho it seems odd, if you don't want the Default workspace to ever be saved, why have it, and why allow it to be saved?

Comment

Default workspace holds NT internal settings.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by mintos, 04-02-2024, 08:22 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post mintos
                            by mintos

Started by Felix Reichert, 04-26-2024, 02:12 PM
                            10 responses
                            0 likes