Can I load 6.5 templates in 6.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I load 6.5 templates in 6.0?

I'm thinking to revert to 6.0 for the time being in order to reduce the frequency or crashes or not-responding messages.. and eliminate other quirks such as when the Global Simulation box is checked it is NOT in Global Sim mode and when it is not checked it IS in global Sim mode... this after startup. Not sure if it does that behaviour for everyone but it does for me,.

anyhow, I like my templates. Can I use them in 6? or will it cause some obvious (or hidden) problems?

- we are not aware of any issues related to the global simulation mode. Please let us know as you have a reproducible scenario regarding the issues you're experiencing.
    - we do not recommend back-porting templates or any other of your NT6.5 settings to previous NT versions. It may or may not work.

Comment

sorry, I was wrong about Global Sim mode...

I will explain to you the real problem with global sim mode next time it happens... it is only upon startup.

Comment

what happens is after startup...

It will have my live accounts active in all my charts, ready to trade. But global sim mode is checked in the menu.

so I uncheck it and it goes to global sim mode... (i.e. when it is unchecked)... charts turn grey, etc. i.e. it is in globam sim mode now.

I don't believe I have had this problem in the last startup. So I will let you know if this problem still persists.

Comment

To clarify:
          - as you have File->Global sim mode CHECKED, you are in global sim mode: you can't trade live on any of NT's UI (including chart trader) and some UIs (Control Center, SuperDOM) show a dark grey background
          - as you have File->Global sim mode UNCHECKED, you are in live mode where you can select your live trading account on the various UIs

Please post screenshots as you experience any different on latest 6.5.0.8 or 6.0.1000.9

Comment

no, what you are describing to me sounds like the correct behavior.

I was describing the inverse. Basically in the menu Global SIM was CHECKED, but I was able to have free reign over my accounts and in fact live accounts were all white and active on all chart traders. but in control center it was showing that global sim was active (i.e. checked)

It occurs just only after startup. It was pretty consistently doing that every time I started up the last couple of days at least. However, I think it did not do this the last startup. So just forget I mentioned this for now. I will let you know if it occurs again.

Comment

version 6.5.0.8

I have restarted ninja. I was NOT in Global sim mode when exiting. Actually I believe ninja crashed, it was not exited properly. I am unsure whether this behaviour appears only after crashing or killing ninja (due to unresponsiveness). It seemed to me like it was happening all the time, but then again it was rare that I exited ninja because I wanted to... usually I was forced to kill it due to unresponsiveness (like 5+ min unresponsiveness on my fast dual core computer with sufficient ram) or the occasional actual crash.

I have attached screens 1, 2, 3.

screenshot 1 is at startup, before clicking the menu item "Global Simulation Mode". notice it is not in global sim mode even though it says it is. I removed my live account name, but you can see it is live.

screenshot 2 is after clicking this menu item.

screenshot 3 is after clicking this menu item again.
              Attached Files

Comment

Interesting...
                - are there any funny messages in the logs
                - do you have a step by step scenario to reproduce this problem? Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by dcriador, Today, 12:06 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post dcriador  
                Started by dcriador, Today, 12:04 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post dcriador