Updating Instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating Instruments

When I started NT 6.5.0.8 this morning ZM and ZL would not update nor connect, although yesterday evening they did.

So I checked the instrument settings and found that they had been changed. The Broker symbol under Misc had disappeared and the settings for ZL and ZM were changed to Globex (know they migrated after the merger, but IB did not really migrate them as well)

Are you guys secretely updating my instruments, when starting Ninja Trader?

So this is what I did.

ZL: settings back to ECBOT, symbol ZL, SIM feed start price cut down from 2,667 to 0 (current quote is 53) - and it works again
    ZM: settings stay at GLOBEX, but with symbol ZM│ECBOT, SIM feed start price cut down from 1,840 to 0 (current quote is 341) - and it works again

I seems that settings work alternatively with

ECBOT + 'Symbol'
    GLOBEX + 'Symbol'│ECBOT

Which is preferable?

>> Are you guys secretely updating my instruments, when starting Ninja Trader?
    No, we are not. There is no secret about it.

Since the ZM and the ZL have been rolled recently from ECBOT to CME: I suggest you double check that you proceeded as per rolling instructions we sent out 3 weeks ago and last week.

Please send a mail to "support AT ninjatrader DOT com" if you then still experience problems.

Comment

So there I am again with the same bug today.

ZL and ZM are not connecting again (see snapshot attached). I have correctly updated instrument settings two days ago ( I had checked it all as you remember). Nothing was changed since yesterday,but now these two instruments will not update.

I think there must be some devils programmed into NinjaTrader 6.5.8 that are playing tricks on me!
      Attached Files

Comment

As a last resort you could try dropping/renaming your database file <my documents>/NinjaTrader6.5/db. Note: You will loose all your historical and trade data.

Comment

So I just checked the instrument settings and found the reason. NinjaTrader has autodeleted the symbols for ZM and ZL under Tools->Instrument Manager->Edit->Misc->Symbol->InteractiveBrokers. So I just had to put the settings again. By the way for ZW and ZC I found as setting ZW|ECBOT and ZC|ECBOT, for ZS it was set to ZS|ECBOT|100 (although all have the same contract quoted in 5000 bushels per cent). What does the 100 mean - does it have any impact on the way NT works ?

And why does NinjaTrader delete connection symbols? I haven't touched them overnight.

Comment

- Tools->Options->Misc->Reset instruments resets the instrument mappings to default: as of now ZL, ZM, ZK have no default mappings for IB. We'll look into
            - IB reports incorrect order fill prices for ZS. The "|100" corrects that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Vikuno1, 11-28-2023, 11:42 PM
            15 responses
            1 like
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by PaulMohn, Yesterday, 02:06 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn