Suggestion to help NT7 to NT8 converters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion to help NT7 to NT8 converters

My suggestion to help NT7 to NT8 converters would be to add a new section under NinjaTrader 8 at Forums - NinjaTrader Support Forum .

NinjaTrader 8

Platform Technical Support
    General platform technical support for NinjaTrader 8.
    General Development
    General NinjaScript development questions.
    Indicator Development
    Support for the development of custom indicators using NinjaScript.
    Strategy Development
    Support for the development of custom automated trading strategies using NinjaScript.
    Conversion from NinjaTrader 7
    Information and questions about conversion

Copying all the relevant Forums posts to this section would be very helpful for converters by having the information and answers in one section.

From experience as far back as NT 5, the chances of this happening are a fraction of a per cent. As a longtime outside NT observer, I have come to believe that the most important factor that the NT decisionmakers use to select NinjaTrader’s suggestions for implementation is not benefits to NinjaTraders nor the difficulty making the change. IMO the primary consideration seems to be the number of places that the suggestion would impact in NT Help, Documentation, Tutorials, and Marketing materials.

Two of my submitted suggestion are :

Make NinjaTrader Ecosystem More Easily Accessible - NinjaTrader Support Forum submitted 08-01-2021
    Make NinjaTrader Ecosystem More Easily Accessible - NinjaTrader Support Forum submitted 07-27-2021

This suggestion and my two above suggestions are trivial changes that IMO would be beneficial to NinjaTraders but the effort to change all related in NT Help, Documentation, Tutorials, and Marketing materials blocks these kinds of changes. I, like many others with OCD tendencies, find imperfections hard to ignore. But, instead of making all the changes to NT Help, Documentation, Tutorials, and Marketing material at once for each suggestion, make only the minimum changes to the NT Help and documentation caused by the changed page. Keep a list of these kind of changes that have been made and update other material in bulk when changes are made to them.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post Bidder
by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post Bidder