Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Enter5MinBeforeSessionCloseExampleMultiTime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enter5MinBeforeSessionCloseExampleMultiTime

HI,

I want to add the multi timeframe entry condition, however, somehow it is not work after added if (Closes[0][0]>Highs[1][1]) // 1 minute Closes before session close > Yesterday High. No trade is executed.

Would you please suggest?
    Attached Files

Hello heiheilau2000,

For this type of question you would need to add a Print so you can see if the condition you made is becoming true. A simple way to do that would be to output the variables you used in your condition and the bar time so you can compare the value for each bar.

Code:
    Print(Time[0] + " " + Closes[0][0] + " > " + Highs[1][1]); 
    if(Time[0] == endTime.AddMinutes(-5))
    {
        if (Closes[0][0]>Highs[1][1]) // 1 minute Closes before session close > Yesterday High
       {
          // Print(Time[0]);
          EnterLong();
       }
    }
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse
      I tested with AAPL 1 min bar (primary) and generate this error.
      Here is the output message. Can you help to suggest and how to modify the code?

Calculating trading day for 16/8/2023 9:31:00 pm
      Strategy 'Enter5MinBeforeSessionCloseExampleMultiTime/-1': An order placed at '08/16/2023 21:31:00' has been ignored since the order was submitted before the strategy property BarsRequiredToTrade had been met.
      Strategy 'Enter5MinBeforeSessionCloseExampleMultiTime': Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method on bar 0: You are accessing an index with a value that is invalid since it is out-of-range. I.E. accessing a series [barsAgo] with a value of 5 when there are only 4 bars on the chart.

Comment

Hello heiheilau2000,

It looks like that sample has its bar check commented out, the following code needs to be uncommented to avoid both of those messages.

// if (CurrentBars[0] < BarsRequiredToTrade || CurrentBars[1] < BarsRequiredToTrade)
        // return;

This makes sure that the CurrentBar is at least equal to the ​BarsRequiredToTrade before executing the code below it.

Comment

Enter5MinBeforeSessionCloseExampleMultiTime.cs Thanks Jesse.

The code were uncommented. However, I still have another error. Would you please suggest?

15/2/2024 5:00:00 am 184.02 > 186.21
          Strategy 'Enter5MinBeforeSessionCloseExampleMultiTime': Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method on bar 8579: You are accessing an index with a value that is invalid since it is out-of-range. I.E. accessing a series [barsAgo] with a value of 5 when there are only 4 bars on the chart.​

Comment

Hello heiheilau2000,

That means an invalid index is being used which is likely a BarsAgo. The script is using a daily series, did you make sure to use a far enough lookback in the chart? You will need at least 2 daily bars loaded, if you are using a small primary like a 1 minute series you would need to load at least a few trading days on the chart to accommodate the trading session for the instrument.

Comment

Thanks Jesse.

How can I know I have at least daily bars loaded. I think I have enough daily bars that at least 2 years. Would you help to suggest? Thanks for your patience and guidence.

did you make sure to use a far enough lookback in the chart? You will need at least 2 daily bars loaded, if you are using a small primary like a 1 minute series you would need to load at least a few trading days on the chart to accommodate the trading session for the instrument.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello heiheilau2000,

That would be the purpose of the CurrentBar check, the code I mentioned was commented out in the sample you attached.

Regarding the image I am not sure I follow what you are trying to do, the sample is adding a daily series so the sample is intended to be used on a less granular series like 1 minute as an example. If you are going to use a daily series bar type as the primary then you don't need to add 1 day data in the code.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by xfactscout, 07-22-2024, 09:01 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post xfactscout  
                Started by Chrisnasdaq, 08-26-2023, 08:37 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes