Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

VWAP and Strategy Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VWAP and Strategy Builder

Hello, can you inform me of how I can insert VWAP into my automated strategy?

Thanks !

Hello JavierCL,

If you are asking about the order flow vwap that cannot be used in the strategy builder, you would need to manually code the strategy to use that. You can see an example of the code for that here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...hlightsub=vwap

If you otherwise have a differrent vwap indicator imported then you should be able to access that in the strategy builder conditions when selecting indicators. https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...lueComparisons
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse. I am trying to set up my automated strategy using the strategy builder but only the "Profit Target" or "Stop Loss" field is set to set a fixed target or stop. I would like to learn how to configure the sections Trailing Stop and Parabolic Stop from the strategy builder since I do not know how to program, but I can not find within the manual the section where the process is explained. I would like you to tell me how I can do it and some simple example to have the clear concept of each section. I atta​ch a screen of the sections to configure. Thank you!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-12-16_10h26_30.png
Views:	271
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	1227813
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello JavierCL,

What part of the trailing stop are you asking for help with?

All of the targets work in the same way, you can supply a signal name from an entry that the order is paired with. The other values would control the targets price and where it is placed in the market.

You can read about how trailing stops work in NinjaScript here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...htsub=settrail
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by waldoalvarez, 03-08-2021, 08:53 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by mkil5, Today, 02:21 PM
        0 responses