Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Workspace - modified accidentally when I exited - Cleared everything ect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace - modified accidentally when I exited - Cleared everything ect.

As the subject reflects.

All chart tabs, indicators, and strategies were totally cleared out. This takes about 30 minutes for me to set up. Is there a way to prevent this from happening in the future? Either stop the prompt when shutting the program down or something of that nature?

Also, I've noticed that often times strategies become duplicated on the workspace after closing and opening the program again. Meaning I have to clear them all out and set them back up again is there ways to stop this duplication?

Once I have the workspace set, I basically never want it to change. I'm okay with activating and deactivating strategies from control panel, as that is only one click.

Hello RISKYBUSINEZZ,

Thank you for posting.

So I may further assist can you go to the Control Center->Workspaces and tell me the name of the workspace you are working with which will have a green tile next to the name.

Thanks in advance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is a custom work space called "Multiple DON seeker"

Comment

If your Workspace was accidentally saved with its windows closed, it will lose its information and appear blank after you restart your platform or select it from the Control Center > Workspaces dropdown.

To test if you have any old versions of your Workspace available for recovery, do the following:
        • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management window and expand the 'Restore Workspace' section
        • Click 'Restore', then select any recovery versions of your Workspace that may have been automatically saved with its windows still available.

After selecting a recovery workspace that works for you, you may rename and save it again from the Control Center > Workspaces drop-down.

To avoid this behavior in the future, keep all of your windows open before shutting down the platform such as any Charts or SuperDOMs. The only window you need to close when shutting down NinjaTrader is the Control Center which will prompt you to save before exiting.

If you close your other windows before closing the Control Center and save again, it will save your Workspace without its windows, causing it to appear blank when you re-open your platform. If you keep your other windows open when shutting down the Control Center, they will automatically reappear when you restart your platform.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Christopher,

Just wanted to say this worked perfectly. There were several versions saved. Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ThePicsou, 07-22-2024, 11:36 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ThePicsou  
          Started by marco231, 03-20-2024, 03:56 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post marco231