Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Latest Version, Can't open optimized result without rerunning optimization. Annoying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Version, Can't open optimized result without rerunning optimization. Annoying

I just spent 20 min running an optimization and I get a good result

But i can't open that result. When try, the analyzer just attempts to rerun the optimization.

I literally cannot access my optimized strategy config. This is exceptionally annoying. This is not the way the app worked in the prior version.

Where is the QC??

Hello Skifree,

Thank you for your post.

There was a bug in previous versions of the platform where if the optimization was not re-run, the results were not ready or different. This was fixed in recent versions so the optimization has to be re-run when opening a new tab or selecting a result.

There is a feature request to add the ability for optimizations and backtests to not have to re-run when duplicating a tab or selecting a result in Strategy Analyzer. I will add your vote to this request, it is being tracked under SFT-6074.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
    Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is intentional? What's the point of optimization if it creates a feedback loop that I can't get results from?

Comment

Hi Gaby,

I’d like to address the issue that Skifree has pointed out. After running an extensive optimization, it’s common to want to inspect the results of a specific optimization run without rerunning the entire optimization again. Prior to version 8.1.3.0, this was achieved by selecting the desired result and then the Backtest type: Backtest was automatically used to rerun and display the details of that iteration in a separate tab or window. (See attached image) Contrary to being a bug, this behavior is a common use case.

During the vendor Early Access of version 8.1.3.0, I raised this issue (logged as ticket NT-14993), and although it was acknowledged and I was told it was restored, it didn’t make it into the final release. However, I’ve confirmed that it is addressed in the current work-in-progress 8.1.4.0 build, although there’s no guarantee it will make it to the final release.

For those conducting optimization research, having this functionality reinstated is crucial for their workflow. Unfortunately, there’s currently no workaround except reverting to a prior version of the platform. It’s surprising that such a core functionality was dropped without a timely point release to fix (e.g., 8.1.3.1). Instead, it's looking like we have to wait for version 1.4.0, which may take much longer.

While I initially believed that Engineering Support had resolved this going forward, the claim that it’s a bug suggests there might still be some lingering confusion. Please advise.

P.S. I've attached a pic of how it should work as shown in 8.1.1.7.​
        Last edited by whitmark; 06-03-2024, 04:33 AM. Reason: Clarification
        whitmark
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Comment

Hello whitmark,

If you have already made a report and brought it to our attention that would really be the extent that can be done at this point. There is no guarantee on when features will release or if they will, we can only suggest to continue to test in new versions as they are released and monitor the change log to check if the ID you provided is included in a release.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ccrone2024, Today, 05:13 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ccrone2024  
          Started by ttodua, Today, 03:40 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes