trade performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trade performance

Hello everyone, so I bought a laptop to trade more freely. The only drawback is that I no longer have "trade performance". How do I recover my trading history from my old desktop computer to put it in my new laptop? Thanks in advance for any help

Hello janio973,

Thank you very much for your post.

If you still have access to your old computer, you could use NinjaTrader's Backup & Restore feature to transfer this information.

The following list is the items you can choose to include or exclude from your backup:
    • Configuration files
    • Database
    • Historical Chart Data
    • Log and Trace files
    • Market Replay Data
    • NinjaScript Files
    • Templates
    • Workspaces
    By only selecting the Database, the historical trades would then be transferred to the new platform.

To back up your installation and transfer it to a second PC please follow these steps:
    • Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to backup from and disconnect from any open connections if applicable
    • Go to Tools > Export > Backup File
    • Select which items you would like to backup and click 'Export'
    • Email or Save the file to an external storage device. The file can be found in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 Backup folder on your PC
    Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to restore to and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.
    • Open the email with the backup file or connect the external storage and save the backup file to a destination of your choosing (I recommend the desktop as it is easy to find)
    • Go to Tools > Import > Backup File...
    • Select the backup file you created from the location you saved it
    I have also attached the publicly available Help Guide section regarding backup and restore below:

Help Guide - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ightsub=backup

Please note: This information is not added to the existing PC but overwrites any information therein. It is not currently possible to merge this data from two different PCs.

Please let us know if we may provide further assistance!​
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks ,I was thinking on just copy paste the files from my old cpu(documents /ninjatrader 8 OLD) to the new computer ,I forgot to mention that my old computer have a compilation issue ,so I cant make a backup file
      Last edited by janio973; 05-15-2024, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Do you know which folder I can find my trade data ? I want to copy it and paste on my new laptop
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello janio973,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Historical trades are saved in the database directly. This file (called NinjaTrader.sqlite) may be found in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions about this!

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_Manfred​ ,I found it
            Trying to paste it , but I will lose the new laptop trades now,is there a way to merge both "NinjaTrader.sqlite" so everything will be together?

Comment

Hello janio973,

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a method to merge both databases. It would only be able to keep one or the other.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions about this!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by nicthe, Today, 02:58 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post nicthe
              by nicthe

Started by percy3687, Yesterday, 12:28 AM
              3 responses