Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Title: Need Help: NinjaTrader Desktop Won't Start Anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Title: Need Help: NinjaTrader Desktop Won't Start Anymore.

Hi everyone,

I'm reaching out hoping someone can help with an issue that's come up recently. My NinjaTrader Desktop won't start anymore. I've tried running the program as an administrator and ensuring my Windows version and all drivers are up to date, but to no avail. There isn't a specific error message; the program simply does not respond when I try to open it.

Has anyone experienced something similar or knows any possible solutions to this issue? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hello 626+56565forum,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Forums.

Please try restarting your PC and after restarting your PC please try opening NinjaTrader Desktop.

If the behavior persists, please try creating a clean environment by following the steps below.

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
    1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD"
    2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall using the installer from account.ninjatrader.com
    3. Open NinjaTrader and test to see if the behavior persists.
    If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.

For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.

After creating a clean environment, try opening NinjaTrader and report if the behavior persists.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrandonH; 04-03-2024, 10:55 AM.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_BrandonH,

thank you very much, its working now. The plattform desktop Ninjatrader is working.

I lose now all the settings, which i did before is it right? Or is there any way, where i not need to do this?

Thank you very much, you help me a lot. Thank you.​

Comment

Hello 626+56565forum,

Thanks for your notes.

Yes, the clean environment will not contain the setting you previously had on your platform.

You should now have 2 NinjaTrader folders in your Documents folder, the old one and the new one.

Close NinjaTrader, Open two File Explorer windows, and open the new NinjaTrader 8 folder in one File Explorer window and the old one in another.
        • Drag the following items from the old folder to the new one (folders should automatically merge)
          • Config.xml and UI.xml
          • Workspaces folder (if it asks to overwrite the _Workspaces.xml file, say yes)
          • Templates folder (if it asks to overwrite anything, say no)
          • db folder (you can overwrite any files in here)
          • bin folder (do not overwrite ANY duplicate files).
        ​After following the steps above, open NinjaTrader 8, open a New > NinjaScript Editor window, right-click in the NinjaScript Editor, and select 'Compile' to check for errors. If no errors occur, restart NinjaTrader and test if the previously reported behavior persists.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Brandon H.,

perfect Support.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
          1 response