Indicator print differnt when loading a chart a few days back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator print differnt when loading a chart a few days back

Hello, I've noticed something odd during my back testing and I'm hoping to gain insight into the reasons for what I'm seeing.

I use order flow indicators from a 3rd party, basically they measure the speed of order flow and divergences and will print a symbol on the chart when certain conditions exist.

I've noticed when i load a chart, and set it too say 10 days back without tick replay the indicators print differently than they do when i enable tick replay. I Believe this is expected behaviour.

What i noticed is when i load without tick replay the indicators print in a more favourable manner, meaning higher quality signals.

So i turned off 'allow tick replay' and went into replay mode to do some testing, but the indicators were printing the same as what i had seen with tick data enabled on my live data feed chart. I then paused replay mode at about noon of the day i was testing and i duplicated the chart. The duplicated chart show indicator prints like i had seen with tick data off in my live data feed.

Why would my indicators print differently when i duplicate a chart vs when im replaying the chart? ('Tick replay' disabled)

Is there way way to run the charts on live data as if tick replay was disabled?
    Last edited by Douglee; 03-10-2024, 05:41 AM.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post lightsun47  
Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post 00nevest  
Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM