Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing App-Wide Font?

Hello all,

Writing with a question regarding setting the app-wide default font. I didn't think you could change this, but I just completed a fresh install of NT on another computer (test migrating to 8.1) and noticed that the app font changed to the new default Windows font. But when I restored from my backup, the app font changed to exactly what I had before. This isn't just what one can change in the chart panels, but the text displaying everywhere else in the app. There must be a hidden setting for the app font, perhaps in a config file? If one could tell me how to change this, I might go about tweaking it.

Hello nickslad,

Thank you for posting.

Unfortunately, there is not a global font setting available within NinjaTrader at this time. Any window that has a font setting available will be found within the Properties window which is accessed by right clicking in the window such as the SuperDOM, Chart, etc.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

This has been my understanding that there is no global font setting available, hence my surprise that the global font changed after restoring from backup (from presumably Segoe UI to Microsoft Sans Serif). Just to confirm, is there any setting available in a config file that is not exposed to the user? I searched through the config and UI files and did not see any such parameter.

Comment

You should examine the templates -> Skins -> MySkinName -> BluePrint.xaml file of the skin in question. There you will find a bonanza of font settings. What I would suggest that you do is copy one of the inbuilt skins and customize it to your needs. You can restart NT8 and select your new skin in Tools -> Options.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	593.6 KB ID:	1279953
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Originally posted by nickslad View Post
          Thank you for your reply.

This has been my understanding that there is no global font setting available, hence my surprise that the global font changed after restoring from backup (from presumably Segoe UI to Microsoft Sans Serif). Just to confirm, is there any setting available in a config file that is not exposed to the user? I searched through the config and UI files and did not see any such parameter.
          Within the config file there are only font options for specific windows as well and no options to change the overall font of the entire application.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post
            You should examine the templates -> Skins -> MySkinName -> BluePrint.xaml file of the skin in question. There you will find a bonanza of font settings. What I would suggest that you do is copy one of the inbuilt skins and customize it to your needs. You can restart NT8 and select your new skin in Tools -> Options.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	593.6 KB ID:	1279953
            Cool, thank you!! I will play around with this - I think this will do the trick.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SteveReiza, 02-25-2024, 04:18 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by Kawasaki, 03-18-2021, 09:48 PM
            13 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason