Strategy Builder / Compiler Stripping Indicators from Custom Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Builder / Compiler Stripping Indicators from Custom Series

I'm building up a strategy using the Strategy Builder. I have numerous custom series that I set up in SET 1. Some of these custom series involve applying indicators such as SMA and StdDev to other custom series that I had also defined in SET 1. The Strategy Builder allows me to add these lines with the indicators applied and the code seems to look OK. However, when I compile the strategy I find that the compiled code has been stripped of all the indicators that I applied to my custom series.

I am attaching a screen shot. On the left side you see the window in Strategy Builder. On the third line of this generated code, SMAPriceRefLong(0), there is an SMA applied to the custom series. On the right side is what appears in the View Code window after compiling the strategy. Line 194 which corresponds to SMAPriceRefLong(0) has the SMA stripped away. In fact, all of the indicators that I applied to the custom series have been stripped away after compiling.

Why would this occur? How can I resolve this problem?

Thank you!

Hello Dr Kerry,

Thanks for your post.

We have received your inquiry and are looking into this behavior at this time.

I will update this thread with more information about this behavior after I have finished researching this behavior.

Thanks for your patience; I look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
      Hello Dr Kerry,

Thanks for your post.

We have received your inquiry and are looking into this behavior at this time.

I will update this thread with more information about this behavior after I have finished researching this behavior.

Thanks for your patience; I look forward to assisting further.
      Brandon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to research this issue. I look forward to your further replies and resolving this problem.

Regards,

Kerry

Comment

Hello Dr Kerry,

Thanks for your patience.

I was able to reproduce the behavior on my end on the most recent release of NinjaTrader 8.

I have reported this behavior to the Development team at NinjaTrader so they may look into what is causing this to occur.

I will update this forum thread with more information as soon as the Development team gets back to me with their findings.

Thank you for reporting this.

Comment

Hello Dr Kerry,

I was able to reproduce the behavior on my end on the most recent release of NinjaTrader 8.

I have reported this behavior to the Development team at NinjaTrader so they may look into what is causing this to occur.

I will update this forum thread with more information as soon as the Development team gets back to me with their findings.

Brandon, thank you again. Hopefully the development team will be able to resolve this frustrating issue in short order.

I'll be looking for your reply and hopefully a definitive solution as well.

Regards,

Kerry

Comment

Hello Dr Kerry,

Hello Brandon,

Have you received any feedback and a definitive resolution of this issue from the Development team? I am stuck at a complete standstill until this gets fixed.

Thank you again for taking the time to look into this problem.

Kerry

Comment

Hello Kerry,

Thanks for your note.

I have not received an update on this from the Development team yet.

I will update this forum thread as soon as the Development team has finished looking into this and lets me know what their findings are.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DanielTynera  
              Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
              9 responses