Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Previous version of 8.0.28.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    oh and right on cue......
    How to remove th upper right Watch button from the main windows of NinjaTrader? - NinjaTrader Support Forum
    today

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by @tmc_ View Post

      You can update the certificate only if you wish to stick with an older version.

      NT 8.0.27 and higher:
      %ProgramFiles%\NinjaTrader 8\bin\ca.pem

      NT 8.0.26 and lower:
      %ProgramFiles(x86)%\NinjaTrader 8\bin\ca.pem
      %ProgramFiles(x86)%\NinjaTrader 8\bin64\ca.pem
      Just randomly found this thread, was not aware of the certificate issue. I am still using 8.0.25. Does this certificate work? Where did you get it from?

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by flybuzz View Post

        Just randomly found this thread, was not aware of the certificate issue. I am still using 8.0.25. Does this certificate work? Where did you get it from?
        One way to find out... Download the new certificate... Save and close Ninjatrader... Go to the directory where the current certificate resides... MAKE A BACKUP COPY just in case...

        Replace the current one with the new one.... Start NT8 and connect.... Make sure you have data flowing and make sure orders can be placed in both SIM first and then a live order...

        I have been using it for a few weeks on my live account... seems just fine..

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by brenthilburn View Post

          One way to find out... Download the new certificate... Save and close Ninjatrader... Go to the directory where the current certificate resides... MAKE A BACKUP COPY just in case...

          Replace the current one with the new one.... Start NT8 and connect.... Make sure you have data flowing and make sure orders can be placed in both SIM first and then a live order...

          I have been using it for a few weeks on my live account... seems just fine..
          Isn't that not a complete test because the new CQG certificates do not become mandatory until the end of June? Hopefully those files are exactly what has to be replaced and there are no other complexities but it seems like we can't be certain of that until the transition date...
          Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 05-22-2023, 05:28 AM.
          Bruce DeVault
          QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post

            Isn't that not a complete test because the new CQG certificates do not become mandatory until the end of June? Hopefully those files are exactly what has to be replaced and there are no other complexities but it seems like we can't be certain of that until the transition date...
            I was able to find this important page thanks to Google: Required Update for NinjaTrader Desktop Users | NinjaTrader
            Not sure why the page is not mentioned more by the support. I think NinjaTrader_Ryan was trying to include the link but it's broken now.

            Apparently NinjaTrader has already release a standalone upgrade that addresses the issue. And in the FAQ:

            Will The Update Impact My Workspaces, Third-Party Add-Ons, Etc? "No, saved workspaces & add-ons will not be impacted."


            After I took backup of everything and run the upgrade and everything was ok. They did add the stupid watch video button but it's working for me so far. No workspace or plugin error messages.

            Last edited by flybuzz; 05-22-2023, 08:58 AM.

            Comment


              #21
              Yes, don't hold your breath for the watch button to be removed. Lots have requested this but it is unlikely to happen. I think the comments above have more to do with users who, for their own reasons, really want to stay on an older NT and therefore want to rig the older one with the newer one's certificates, which would not be supported but might work on a "you're on your own" basis.
              Bruce DeVault
              QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

              Comment

              Latest Posts

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Vikuno1, 06-15-2024, 10:22 PM
              17 responses
              60 views
              0 likes
              Last Post Vikuno1
              by Vikuno1
               
              Started by admiralpanda, 02-16-2024, 06:59 AM
              3 responses
              136 views
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
              Started by hardworkinguy, 02-07-2024, 09:19 PM
              9 responses
              415 views
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Eduardo  
              Started by cshox, 12-12-2023, 06:39 PM
              6 responses
              238 views
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Eduardo  
              Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 07:56 AM
              7 responses
              22 views
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
              Working...
              X