Previous version of 8.0.28.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh and right on cue......
    How to remove th upper right Watch button from the main windows of NinjaTrader? - NinjaTrader Support Forum
    today

Comment

Originally posted by @tmc_ View Post

You can update the certificate only if you wish to stick with an older version.

NT 8.0.27 and higher:
      %ProgramFiles%\NinjaTrader 8\bin\ca.pem

NT 8.0.26 and lower:
      %ProgramFiles(x86)%\NinjaTrader 8\bin\ca.pem
      %ProgramFiles(x86)%\NinjaTrader 8\bin64\ca.pem
      Just randomly found this thread, was not aware of the certificate issue. I am still using 8.0.25. Does this certificate work? Where did you get it from?

Comment

Originally posted by flybuzz View Post

Just randomly found this thread, was not aware of the certificate issue. I am still using 8.0.25. Does this certificate work? Where did you get it from?
        One way to find out... Download the new certificate... Save and close Ninjatrader... Go to the directory where the current certificate resides... MAKE A BACKUP COPY just in case...

Replace the current one with the new one.... Start NT8 and connect.... Make sure you have data flowing and make sure orders can be placed in both SIM first and then a live order...

I have been using it for a few weeks on my live account... seems just fine..

Comment

Originally posted by brenthilburn View Post

One way to find out... Download the new certificate... Save and close Ninjatrader... Go to the directory where the current certificate resides... MAKE A BACKUP COPY just in case...

Replace the current one with the new one.... Start NT8 and connect.... Make sure you have data flowing and make sure orders can be placed in both SIM first and then a live order...

I have been using it for a few weeks on my live account... seems just fine..
          Isn't that not a complete test because the new CQG certificates do not become mandatory until the end of June? Hopefully those files are exactly what has to be replaced and there are no other complexities but it seems like we can't be certain of that until the transition date...
          Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 05-22-2023, 05:28 AM.
          Bruce DeVault
          QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post

Isn't that not a complete test because the new CQG certificates do not become mandatory until the end of June? Hopefully those files are exactly what has to be replaced and there are no other complexities but it seems like we can't be certain of that until the transition date...
            I was able to find this important page thanks to Google: Required Update for NinjaTrader Desktop Users | NinjaTrader
            Not sure why the page is not mentioned more by the support. I think NinjaTrader_Ryan was trying to include the link but it's broken now.

Apparently NinjaTrader has already release a standalone upgrade that addresses the issue. And in the FAQ:

Will The Update Impact My Workspaces, Third-Party Add-Ons, Etc? "No, saved workspaces & add-ons will not be impacted."

After I took backup of everything and run the upgrade and everything was ok. They did add the stupid watch video button but it's working for me so far. No workspace or plugin error messages.

Last edited by flybuzz; 05-22-2023, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Yes, don't hold your breath for the watch button to be removed. Lots have requested this but it is unlikely to happen. I think the comments above have more to do with users who, for their own reasons, really want to stay on an older NT and therefore want to rig the older one with the newer one's certificates, which would not be supported but might work on a "you're on your own" basis.
              Bruce DeVault
              QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Vikuno1, 06-15-2024, 10:22 PM
              17 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Vikuno1
              by Vikuno1