VIX data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIX data

I have ^VIX on a 5 minute chart and the data is not updating. I have several other charts up and they are working fine. I had contacted Kinetick to add VIX a while back so I know that it needs to be added to chart it. But for some reason it is not updating.

Hello, thanks for writing in. Do you see any errors in the Log tab of your Control Center? As an additional test, you can open up a New>T&S window and set it to the ^VIX index and you should get some updates in there although they may be very few updates.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi. No errors in the control center. I loaded up a 1 minute chart and the only way I can get updated pricing is to click on reload historical data. I have had the T&S window up and there haven't been any updates to price in it.

Comment

Hi, please first make sure to close out of NinjaTrader and sync your PC time to internet time:

Please also make sure you are running the latest version of the platform (8.1.1.3) You can download the installer by logging into your client dashboard and clicking download at the bottom left:

Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chris. There have been several updates in NT since I last upgraded and from what I have read there have been some compatibility issues with some of the 3rd party software I use. So for the moment I am going to pass on the upgrade ( I may attempt to do the upgrade this weekend). I will try the sync and see if that helps. When I began subscribing to the ^VIX there wasn't any problem getting data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DanielTynera  
          Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
          9 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post yertle